• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stop beating up on people for saying "clip"

Got to throw in my pet peeve. Your car has an engine, not a motor (unless it is one of those tree hugging green cars). Your car uses engine oil, motor oil doesn't exist. Dang oil companies haven't done a thing for this either as they put on their packaging "motor oil". That is just plain wrong. And those of us that have been to school for Mechanical Engineering, get ticked because there is nothing we can do about it so I just give up and call it engine oil and let others be wrong. Also, every mechanic and his brother calls the part that activates your starter on your car a "sealonoid", it is solenoid, pronounced sole-n-oid, like the sole of your shoe, not seal as in o-ring or gasket.

Got to throw in my pet peeve. Your car has an engine, not a motor (unless it is one of those tree hugging green cars). Your car uses engine oil, motor oil doesn't exist. Dang oil companies haven't done a thing for this either as they put on their packaging "motor oil". That is just plain wrong. And those of us that have been to school for Mechanical Engineering, get ticked because there is nothing we can do about it so I just give up and call it engine oil and let others be wrong. Also, every mechanic and his brother calls the part that activates your starter on your car a "sealonoid", it is solenoid, pronounced sole-n-oid, like the sole of your shoe, not seal as in o-ring or gasket.
I like trees.

Everyone knows what you mean by saying clip so whats the big deal ......*****in for no reson sounds like some Will Hyden BS

This big deal is that it is incorrect. When buying and selling firearms related goods it is important to use proper terminology. Is using the correct term really that difficult....I know it's a couple extra syllables but ****.

Imagine if Magpul didnt follow the correct wording

They would be called Clipul, and they would sell PClips, enhanced clip followers, clip baseplates, clip link.

"CLIPUL, UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"

Back
Top Bottom