• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stranglehold and the Nuge...

That's the one! Okay, my memory ain't what it used to be, he finished it off with 4 rounds and used custom AP rounds but they were 180gr. I remembered what grain bullet and caliber he used. Lol! Thanks for posting that Bear44 Bear44 , been a long time since I saw that. Spirit of the Wild was one of my favorite hunting shows. I remember one where he shot an elk with bow & arrow at about 50-60yds while it was either walking or trotting, it turned around and ran and he hit it again at about 60-70yds. Got one lung & pierced the heart with the 1st shot and the 2nd got the other lung & heart again. He's one helluva shot with bow & arrow! I've wanted to book a hunt with him at his place in Michigan for his birthday bash for years but it doesn't look like that's gonna work out. My birthday is a week after his, he guides the hunt plus he cooks a huge meal for the attendees.
I think he learned to shoot from Fred Bear himself.

I think he learned to shoot from Fred Bear himself.
I know he talks about all the time he spent with him when he was still alive. I'm sure Fred taught him how to be a better archer but I believe the Nuge has been shooting bows since he was a young kid.

I sat and played acoustic guitars for about an hour with Derek St Holmes at Jackson music store here in Douglasville maybe 10 years ago. He's the one who sings "Stranglehold" and played with Ted for years. I did not realize who he was until after he left and my friend at the store informed me. He lives somewhere around Atlanta...Or he did..? He was a really cool guy.

Back
Top Bottom