• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Streamlight TLR-1HL

rdogger

Default rank 5000+ posts
I Pretty Much Hate People
317   0
Reaction score
If you are in need of a nice and cost effective light for a any of your weapons, your search is over!

Got mine in today from an eBay seller from Florida and immediately went out back to try her out. Sweet mother of little baby jesus, these things are awesome.

The light is no bigger/smaller than a standard TLR-1 and takes 2 CR123 batteries that come in the box. The light itself is 630 lumens and has your momentary on/off, standard on/off and a double click strobe function.

I have a X300 Ultra and side by side they are both great, it just depends on your needs.

The X300 has a very tight center ring of light that projects out very nicely. The spill over of light is very nice as well but in a small room or for HD, you may feel the "flood effect" is a bit lacking. On an AR or non HD situation, the X300 takes the cake. Real world price on the X300 is around $210, maybe a tad cheaper on Amazon.

The TLR-1HL on the other hand is noticeably brighter than the Surefire. The beam itself is a bit broader in testing of around 60 feet out. The spill over light is incredible and almost as bright as the center beam. Tested in a bedroom, the TLR-1HL lights up everything where as the X300 leaves some "darkish" spots on your peripheral. TLR price was $125 with free shipping.

The throw on the TLR-1HL is noticeably shorter than the Surefire so if longer distances is your thing the TLR is not for you.

Construction on both are top notch. The X300 measures just a tad longer than the TLR. Both have rail mount touchpad options for AR's and the Streamlight version is less expensive and much more accessible on eBay.

Anyway, hope this helps if you are on the fence about picking one up!

187551.jpg

Last edited:
What exactly does the "HL" stand for? And is the advertised 630 lumens only for strobe mode? If so, what's the lumens of the constant on mode? I've been eye'n one of these for a bit, thanks for the info!

*edit: ah, it stands for high lumens... watched a review and it's a world of a difference! wonder which LED they use...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom