• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Striper Sniping 01/02/2016

Hell, some days they are so tough to catch I if I caught one I would shoot it LOL!

and some times it just feels like they're jumpin in the boat!
Striper.jpg

But OP is so right about the top water action. I damn near swallowed my tongue a time or two with the crash of the fish and the scream of the reel, lol.

Hell one time I was out there and must have wiped my runny nose a hundred times. I felt like it was on fire, so I stuffed a rolled up paper towel up that nostril. A few minutes later a whopper took the bait. After getting him in the boat I was still shaking from the adrenaline and lit a cigarette. I took a drag or two and it seemed like it wasn't lit, so I pulled it out of my mouth and looked down my nose at it and realized I'd lit that paper towel on fire and it was quickly approaching my face!

Oh man good times, those fish will shake you up, lol.

Dang man... y'all got it figured out! I wouldn't know what to do if I caught ONE like that! :laugh:

Hold on, just hold onto the rod.
I took a guy, a weightlifter with me on a trip one time and we hooked into a monster. I could tell right off this was the 35 pounder I was looking for. I handed him the rod and took control of the boat. Fifteen minutes later he started to complain, about 25 minutes he was actually whining, lol. At 40 minutes I took the rod back, just as the line parted. We didn't get that fish, but we did get several over 20lbs that day. That's a trip neither of us will ever forget....

Back
Top Bottom