• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stupid fishing mistakes

Fireants had set up shop in the stryofoam inside the bench seats of my old jonboat. I didn't realize it until I was out on the water and they all came out at once. Why they didn't come out on the trailer ride to the lake I will never know. They needed some water leaking up through the rivets to set them off, I guess.

When I was a kid parents took me out fishing on a homemade pontoon boat, went to cast a spinner out, my mom screamed, there it hung in her ear lobe looked like a fancy earring. Dad cut off the bard and slide it out.

Like the 8 lb largemouth I caught on Lanier and my son gets the dorsal fin in the pic? Or the 10+ Largemouth on West Point a friend knocked loose with the net? Or maybe the jet skier who got a Zara Spook up side the ski for trashing our fishing at a boat dock? Those things?
I might have witnessed some of that stuff a few times

Pretty funny that paragraphs nor capitalization require capitalization.
its ok. there are those that always have to point out another persons
flaws because they are so far above the rest of us. yet, if you watch them
for a day, you can rip their actions, attitudes, and even lives apart
stitch by stitch every time if you are that type of person. im not personally
are you?

Take somebody to your good spots

My dad told me you will never have a good enough friend to show your best hunting or fishing spot—they will always justify a reason to go back without you.

was fishing with a friend on Blad Ridge creek in Lanier and 2 jet ski's started buzzing us even tho we were anchored in deep water. My friend had consumed a few colds ones and burnt one as well and the Jet Ski's finally got to him, he reached in his cupboard and grabbed a can of pork and beans and the next jetski that got within 20 yards he hit the driver right between the headlights and that sent him into the water, glad he had a life vest on. He floated a couple minutes that compiled his manure and got his friend to help him back on his ski and they both "idled" away from us and never came back. The noggin blood did draw in a few Catfish that made our day tho.

I go to Brazil once a year for business and always make a point to fish because it's Brazil. One time in the amazon we were catfishing in a deep pool from the bank for pintado and I reached into my pocket for my bag of jolly ranchers and they spill out. I set my pole down and reach over to grab a blue one and WHOOOOOOOOOSH my pole takes off into the river. Long gone but at least I had a spare and a funny story. We caught a ton of peacocks that trip.
Last Christmas in Brazil, we were out on a lake targeting pacu. I was helping a friend retie and held my rode between my thighs. WHOOOOOOOOOSH my pole takes off into the lake. Long gone. I'm going to start duck tapping rodes to my body.

Back
Top Bottom