• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stupid neighbors whining lack of HOA

Our realtor tried to steer us toward HOA developments....we said no way. He was confused, I didn't try to help him out. I have heard of several HOA's where the "treasurer" disappeared with the $$$$$$. And, I am a retired busybody.

Our realtor tried to steer us toward HOA developments....we said no way. He was confused, I didn't try to help him out. I have heard of several HOA's where the "treasurer" disappeared with the $$$$$$. And, I am a retired busybody.
Retired busybody or retired HOA treasurer? Hmmm? ;)

no neighbors or animals were harmed in the making of this thread

i.imgur.com_PO1sfZL.png

Last place I lived had $600/mo HOA fees and it was never enough. They were too busy lining their own pockets, handing out contracts to their buddies and getting kickbacks, and mismanaging funds. The HOA didn't feel like setting up security around the community pool, so when a drunk teenager dove headfirst into 3ft of water and became a paraplegic, there was a lawsuit that ended up settling for $4.2M. The HOA threatened to tow my car when I parked on the street and not in my driveway. F*** HOAs. The HOA tried to put down my Dad's dog too, trying to call it a vicious animal and a threat to residents - that was the last straw. There is ZERO reason to consent to giving those people any authority over your life.

I'll never live in a neighborhood with one. My sister lived in a neighborhood that had one formed after they moved in, they weren't required to join since they were there first but they seriously "ticketed" them for my brother in law's work truck being a third vehicle in driveway. And also for their trashcan being on the side of house instead of in garage. They moved out shortly after the bs started. Of all places it was it was in Statham :doh:

When I was kid I did the landscaping for some townhouses in Cobb county. Evry single old lady in the place would come out and try to get me to do different stuff around their unit.
Nightmare!

Come live in Clarke County, our county commissioners run it like one big HOA.

Pretty much everything mentioned above is a ordinance violation in ACC. We don't need no stinking HOA.

Besides who would take seriously a couple named "tiffany and patrick (stylishly spelled with no caps)?".

Back
Top Bottom