• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stupid neighbors whining lack of HOA

Just sold in Cumming. The agents said people are looking for ranches, 1 acre lots, and NO HOA.... My place sold in less then 24 hours for what I asked which was $30, 000 more then what we were going to list for 6 months ago. Hot market ......
Other big factor new homes 1/4 acre lots, 2 story, HOA, 3br 2 bath most starting $350,000 ++++

a woman whom lived down the street tried to make an hoa where we live. We do not have any rules within the street other then don't make your house look like crap, and don't piss too many people off

me and my grandfather both thought the hoa thing was crazy, She moved away eventually when the idea didn't gain traction. at my brothers house they have a guard gate manned by the residents that I've gotta check in when I visit him

Come live in Clarke County, our county commissioners run it like one big HOA.

Pretty much everything mentioned above is a ordinance violation in ACC. We don't need no stinking HOA.

Besides who would take seriously a couple named "tiffany and patrick (stylishly spelled with no caps)?".

You should know something's up when it's "Tiffany and Patrick" instead of "Patrick and Tiffany". I bet she has one of them pink kitty hats.

My general rule of thumb about a house:

If I can't piss in the yard without having the cops called on me, it ain't for me. That's the litmus test. But I'm a hick so what do I know.

I do know that I was looking at some places prior to quitting my last job (and since I'm working again will probably get back to looking in a few months), but I went to one place. Out in the country. Had a bunch of crap and stuff in the yard, including an old truck. Real Estate woman looked at me crazy when I asked if the truck was included. Inquired that she could arrange to have trash removed, and I told her that if they removed that truck I'd have to lower my price. I heard an audible exhale through her mouth and pretty sure I saw an eye roll.

Nice piece of property, but the house was trashed too much to pass any kind of pre-purchase inspection.

Wouldn't buy into a 'hood with one myself. Can't stand some retired busybodies telling me what I can and can't do on my own property. Bad enough you can't really own it anyway.

Retired busybodyies hay. Well your neighbors will be asking about all the bullet holes in your house after I do my drive by. Don't be bad mouthing old people we don't take that lightly.

My HOA dues are cheap $400 a year. When I moved in 18 years ago it wasn't really needed. Now it is needed and that's why I will be moving the hell out of Gwinnett county. Next place larger property where I hopefully won't see the neighbors and they won't see me. No HOA next place I don't play tennis and I don't care for neighborhood pools.

Back
Top Bottom