• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stupid popup advertisements....

You are getting pop-ups in IE? There should be no pop ups at all on a laptop or desktop, all the stuff in this thread is referring to mobile platforms.

I would not consider them a traditional Pop-Up where a new window is opened, so maybe I'm talking about something different than you are. I am talking about ads that overlay other ads. They appear on top of the ads at the top of the screen. I don't get them anymore since I went thru the opt out process I shared above. I'm pretty sure it's 95% google based because I just got a fresh laptop and the ads began within a day.
Once I opted out of Google, and the other interest based services they dissappeared. If this does not apply to this thread feel free to delete my post but google is andriod so I figured it would apply.

You are getting pop-ups in IE? There should be no pop ups at all on a laptop or desktop, all the stuff in this thread is referring to mobile platforms.

Someone in this thread said they got it on their laptop using safari.

I know why ads are on websites, but when they become intrusive its an issue. Gonna try Firefox again on mobile and see if that helps. Used it before and prefer the stock browser, but I guess its better than the ads.

Someone in this thread said they got it on their laptop using safari.

I know why ads are on websites, but when they become intrusive its an issue. Gonna try Firefox again on mobile and see if that helps. Used it before and prefer the stock browser, but I guess its better than the ads.

Yes, me, I got them on my Mac using safari

Has anything changed or are people still getting these? I emailed our ad guy yesterday and he was looking into it, definitely not supposed to be there.

I'm still getting them. I tried clicking the "Ad Choices" option on the popup as described in post #60 and going through the steps, but that didn't seem to help. Can't download the plugin on mobile. Not sure if this is a Google thing or not. Have gotten 2 today so far.

I think we found the source, now it's just a matter of getting them turned off. Hopefully they will be gone soon.

Back
Top Bottom