Stupid Taxidermy Question

However, just know that putting a big rack on a small mount doesn't always look right. If you do, make sure that find someone that knows what they are doing.

A friend shot a large doe and found a really nice rack withnskullmsttached, about a 150, he had the taxidermist mount the doe with the rack. He was always careful when telling the story of where he shot "the deer" to use gender neutral terms. My opinion of him dropped considerably when he did this.

Other option is just buy one that someone's wife is making them get rid of for cheap. Of course, the story behind the mount is more important than the mount to me. I have 2 mounted (reverse tine 8, and a basket 10) that are not huge; but mean a lot to me. The rest of my racks I just put into iron buck mounts and hang on the wall if they are 8's.

Yeah. I dont have a lot of mounts but my problem is that I am running out of room. Next step may be my wife getting rid of mine cheap lol. The first question she asks after I kill a deer is "You're not going to put that thing on the wall are you?"

Back
Top Bottom