• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Subsonic .22 Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CCI Quiet segmented make a mess out of squirrels and are quiet enough that you can hear the bullet impact the rat. Sounds like you smacked them with a hammer. The segmented bullet splits within an inch or less. Heck, you can push on the hollowpoint and it'll start splitting. inside 40 yards and they're unbeatable for rats. They shoot 1/2 mil low compared to the CCI subsonics at 25 yards.
The subsonic segmented are brutal on tree rats.
IMG_20180223_114428.jpg

I am going to find my sound meter this weekend and try them out. Wish I had a clue where to even start looking for them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Well for giggles I bought a 500 round box of the CCI quiets to test against my Aguila subsonic 22 shorts. Yes, shorts.
The Aguila shorts are louder than the 22long CCI Quiets, but neither is really quiet.

A lot of people claim "It's just the sound of the firing pin you hear and nothing else" - well, that's not true. it's not as loud as a regular 22, but not quieter than the fp. This was more like hitting a board with a hammer when driving a nail. It's fine, but I wouldn't pull this out to shoot a skunk in the backyard.

Sad part is i had my hopes up. :(
If CCI Quiets came in 22 short they may be quiet enough to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom