• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor coming loose

jba6511

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
53   0
Reaction score
I am looking at picking up a guardian 9 and 22. I have been reading about suppressors coming loose and causing baffle strikes on semi auto guns after a few rounds. Is this true with all pistol/Rimfire suppressors? Specifically interested in the huntertown arms line. Is the fix simply to retighten after each mag or is there something else that can be done. Please excuse my ignorance and thanks in advance.

Also, for those with a guardian 9 and non SS baffles on the 22, how do you clean? Is there really even a reason to clean the guardian 9?

I have a guardian 9 and I check it to make sure it's tight every couple of mags. It will loosen up a little at times...maybe half turn but it's never been a problem. As for cleaning, I keep a rag with me in my range bag and it's so easy to take apart by hand that I just wipe it down while it's still warm and all the crud just wipes right off.

Use something like a permanent marker and put a little line on your barrel and the suppressor when it is fully tightened, and you can periodically check alignment to see if it moves.

Some people also use a little Teflon tape on the threads. I think TT is good to about 500 degrees before it starts melting so as long as you are not doing mag dumps, it should not melt. Also pick up an Ove Glove so you can quickly retighten without getting burned if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom