• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor Help - AAC M4-2000

Tactical Beaver

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hop in, no time to explain...
71   0
Reaction score
Hey all,

Thanks in advance for your help. I know, because I know a lot of you ****ers and by the nature of this video, I'm going to get some funny...border line gross comments. I welcome all LOL, but I'm seeking real advice. Buying a suppressor is by no means an easy task. The cost, stamp, wait time...Ugrh ... **** you NFA laws....anyways, I know AAC has a lifetime warranty; if they deem your issue doesn't fall within their terms, they'll still replace at 50% cost. Bravo AAC!

Here's my issue...I have an M4-2000 - great can BTW - I've had it for a number of years. I've used it a ton with no issues. I've put a good bit of rounds through it, but nothing extreme. The last several months, I've more or less kept it attached to my rifle. I have never cleaned it (hoping that's the problem). I recently took it off and noticed something loose inside.

Here's my main questions before I call AAC:

(1) what's loose?
(2) did a baffle come loose?
(3) did I get a baffle strike?
(4) is it carbon build up that's making the sound?

I'm hoping it's #4. Watch the video, listen, and let me know what you all think.

Had the same issue with an SDN6. I was shooting crap Gemtech rounds and there was jacket separation. Took a while, but I got all of it out. zero issues since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not how you use shake weights. JK, hard to tell in video; but can you see any part of the object? If so, I would try using a mechanical 3 prong grabber and see if I could either pull or push it out.

Just a suggestion, put a wooden dowel down it and give it a shake. See if you can feel something hitting the dowel and also maybe figure out where the object is in the suppressor. When I don't tighten down the end cap on my TiRant45 and the baffles move, it is a different sound. Beside, you should have fully welded steel baffles I'm guessing.

That's not how you use shake weights. JK, hard to tell in video; but can you see any part of the object? If so, I would try using a mechanical 3 prong grabber and see if I could either pull or push it out.

I looked very closely with a flashlight, and I can't see any baffle strikes or obstructions. It literally sounds just like what you hear in the video. It's almost like a tight fitting washer rattling around.

Just a suggestion, put a wooden dowel down it and give it a shake. See if you can feel something hitting the dowel and also maybe figure out where the object is in the suppressor. When I don't tighten down the end cap on my TiRant45 and the baffles move, it is a different sound. Beside, you should have fully welded steel baffles I'm guessing.

That's a great idea, thanks. You're correct, they should be fully welded. If I'm hearing that sound, one came loose, which I have a hard time believing, or there's something in there. Like I said before, my theory is a build up chunk of carbon came loose.....at least I'm hoping its that simple.

If I end up having to send it into AAC, I've been told aprox 3 week turnaround time.

UPDATE: It looks like the first baffle or the blast baffle has broken free from the core. Possibly a bad weld. I have to send it into AAC for a warranty repair. Good news is that they're telling me it's only a 3 week lead time.

Back
Top Bottom