Suppressor junkies..lend me your ears

lilred06

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
What can you tell me about C3 suppressors? I found some at a local shop, they pretty much replace your flash hider (screw it off, screw suppressor on). Not terrible expensive either, can suppress my AR for around $600 after its all said n done. But at the same time, are they not expensive for a reason? I just don't know anything about em so a bit in the dark here. Guy at the shop CLAIMS it can take the sound level down to the equivalent of maybe a .22 mag with reg ammo, quieter with subsonic obviously. Anyone have experience with em? I'm not getting one now because of funds so I didn't look into the model a whole lot but I do know it's one piece and screws right onto an AR barrel. Your thoughts?

I have seen them but cant find a good review on them. They say their so cheap because there no frills suppressors. No qd or nothing else. Like a tube with baffles and nothing else. I would imagine their heaver than most as well. I wouldn't get one simply because of the ATF process. Buy once cry once because you'll be crying for a long time if your not happy with it.

Find out whats it made of first. Then find out what their customer service is like, say when you have a baffle strike. Will they be able to help you, most thread mount cans on a AR will work lose. So find out if its a unit They can do repairs on in the future. Just a thought.

I agree with both of you..it's definitely an expensive toy to get into and if it's not something I like then yeah..that's gonna suck big time. Yeah that's the one thing is screwing right on you have to keep tightening it up otherwise it'll work loose and end up striking it somewhere..I definitely like the price but being that it can be around $1200 to suppress my G21 and $600 to suppress my AR, that's what had me wondering if it was really a good buy

See if you can find a YHM Q,D 3500 They sound ok and the price should be decent around $550-600. Liberty is around Q.D is about the same.

The C3 can is good for the price. That being said you will get a better can for more money. Step up and buy a can with QD. The YHM Phantom and the M4-2000 AAC sound the same as each other and the YHM is several hundred cheaper.

Last bit of advice, listen to the can first before you give up you hard earned money. If the dealer will not demo the can for you then move on.... CAW is a good guy as are the guys at Cherokee. I did a demo with the guys at Cherokee this weekend and they are great guys and Rich knows as much as I do about NFA items...which is a ton.

Thanks for compliment, I agree with what you said.

Stay away from the screw on cans for semi-autos, too much vibrating and the can working its way loose.

The QD design in a 30 caliber can will net you the largest benefit. You will want to use the can on other guns, trust me!!!!

Save a little more money, and do ask your dealer for a demo of the can. Hear the tone pitch difference that can only be measured by your ears.

Is the $600 including the tax stamp? If not, than you are only a couple of hundred away from the AAC SDN6.

Rich

Thanks for compliment, I agree with what you said.

Stay away from the screw on cans for semi-autos, too much vibrating and the can working its way loose.

The QD design in a 30 caliber can will net you the largest benefit. You will want to use the can on other guns, trust me!!!!

Save a little more money, and do ask your dealer for a demo of the can. Hear the tone pitch difference that can only be measured by your ears.

Is the $600 including the tax stamp? If not, than you are only a couple of hundred away from the AAC SDN6.

Rich

yeah $600 is the final price after the stamp..but I tend to agree that it's definitely worth saving some and spending a little more and getting a good quality product..not saying the C3 isn't a good can, just seem to be better ones out there for not much more coin

Back
Top Bottom