• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor travel over state lines

Ok I'm new to stamp collecting,for SBS and SBR we are required to fill out the form or mail a request in ,so with that said do they (BATF) have to reply "yes or no" before you can trace a cross state line or do we just have to let them know? If you have to wait for response what is the average wait time?
You don't "have" to wait on a reply... but mine came back in around 30 days last year.

So, have we clarified that you do or do not need to let anyone know or ask permission to cross a state line with your suppressor as long as you are going to a state where they are welcome? Which one is it? I have a long wait ahead of me but would like to know before my stamp arrives.

So, have we clarified that you do or do not need to let anyone know or ask permission to cross a state line with your suppressor as long as you are going to a state where they are welcome? Which one is it? I have a long wait ahead of me but would like to know before my stamp arrives.
If suppressors are legal in your destination, you need not inform anyone of any thing.

The above chatter was in regard to short barrel rifles, short barrel shotguns and AOWs

So are you saying a request is good for 12 months and you can travel anywhere during said 12 month period?
Not at all... I believe you notify them what state(s) you plan to visit and they send you something in return. I haven't gone through the process, but I will be when I get my cans out of jail, because I hunt in Bama

If suppressors are legal in your destination, you need not inform anyone of any thing.

The above chatter was in regard to short barrel rifles, short barrel shotguns and AOWs
Dirty J is 100% correct here. I'm collecting/building suppressors and SBR's at the same time and it's all new to me...

Back
Top Bottom