Survival and Nuclear Plants

Maybe worry less about the power plant and more about where the spent fuel pools are located because when the power is down for "a long time" those 40' deep pools are going to warm up real quick and there will be a spectacular explosion. Without power that water is going to not be cooled and will warm, and warm, and heat up, and then *BOOM*

www.ips-dc.org/files/3200/spent_nuclear_fuel_pools_in_the_US.pdf

Well, when it goes BOOM, you be sure to wear your tinfoil hat and cover yourself in milk. The tinfoil hat will protect you from all of the falling radiation particles (Neutron Fleas) and the milk will protect your skin from the Beta radiation (Beta Bees). I would be more scared of the Gamma Rays (Gamma Bats) that will be ommited during the control rod (COCROD) explosion than anything. A decent $200 pair of Oakley sunglasses or mirrored goggles should protect your eyes even thought they aren't ANSI Z87 certified. If you still don't feel safe, you can always dig a cave and hold out there until someone comes to get you.

Wow I bet the NRC never thought of that. LMFAO

Maybe worry less about the power plant and more about where the spent fuel pools are located because when the power is down for "a long time" those 40' deep pools are going to warm up real quick and there will be a spectacular explosion. Without power that water is going to not be cooled and will warm, and warm, and heat up, and then *BOOM*

www.ips-dc.org/files/3200/spent_nuclear_fuel_pools_in_the_US.pdf

Well said Mr. Linebacker. Southern Company is currently building 2 new units in Waynesboro GA at Plant Vogtle. These are even safer than the older design.

Last edited:
I have 2 friends and patients that are NRC folks and they have told me repeatedly that all plants are hardened and EVERY possible scenario has multiple redunant plans in place. The likelyod of a plant going down long term is slim to none esp on the east coast with the stable faults etc... After Fukushima, the US really spent some cash on scenario's and protocol updating...I feel safe.

Back
Top Bottom