Survival classes/information trading/group formation

dallas.JPG

This seems to be a fair meeting board for the formation of groups, but lets also share knowledge. For instance...
a good fire starter is the small hand sanitizer (as long as the warning on the back says "flammable") and it can also be used to disinfect superficial wounds. -or-
dryer lint or cotton balls or cat tails when dried out are great tinder. - or-
pine needle tea has 10x the vitamin C of orange juice
--- just some examples ----

I live kinda near you in Marietta and ID be interested.

Oh not very good at these type things so it would be great to learn, just wanted to say my favorite firestarter was the 9v battery and steel wool. Touch the pos and neg to the steel wool and get flame/spark.

I live kinda near you in Marietta and ID be interested.

Oh not very good at these type things so it would be great to learn, just wanted to say my favorite firestarter was the 9v battery and steel wool. Touch the pos and neg to the steel wool and get flame/spark.

just make sure u keep the 2stored separately or your back pack could burst into flames:D
that does work well, ----but when your lighter runs out of fuel it can still start a fire... Using your knife u can lightly scrape a lint ball from your blue jeans (from below the knee so u don't get a week spot in 'em on your thigh) in conjunction with a fluffy tinder bundle that lint will catch a spark and you will have a fire

I carry a small 2"x2" ziplock with cotton balls that have vasoline worked into them -great fire starters. A tampon is a tight packed cotton wad that comes in a waterproof package. Tear it open &pull off a pinch & that takes a spark very well too & could b used the stop blood flow from a puncture/bullet wound. The small 2oz hand sanitizer is good fire starter/ disinfectant.
Try to have stuff in your BOB that is multifunction.

yep, but lucky for hunters, its truly an art. even an experienced shooter that is an inexperienced hunter don't stand 1/3 of the chance of harvesting dinner much less an inexperienced shooter. I really don't believe in food shortage of wild game for many reasons that being one, next being that experienced hunters respect there kill. we use the entire animal and kill no more then needed creating no waste. most people quite honestly will starve to death.

I know a vegetarian -I told him if shtf he starves by spring. I told that'll b 1 less bunny hugger or he could man up & eat a big fat bloody steak:D

Emergency direction finding: several methods I use that take too long to type up.
-Learn how to find the North Star using the Big Dipper for night navigation
-Daytime: watch method, carry a big sewing needle you can use for compass, shadow tip method
Water: stills are fun during the summer. I have had luck with below-ground stills if you have plenty of time.
Shelter: tarp/poncho shelters rule. In very cold weather an a-frame debris hut with a small opening will keep you surprisingly warm. If it's dry and very cold, a debris pile about 2 foot under you and 2 foot over you will keep you warm enough to survive, and actually sheds water some from light intermediate rains.

Pay attention to everything, look up, down, left and right as you move. You will learn to pick up hints of things, small game trails, general direction by differences in vegetation on hills and how the branches of trees that are in the open grow.

That's the one! Like I said Ive no real world experience with it yet, not my normal carry atleast until its tried and true (hopefully it will be). For my mess kit, ive got a couple but my bob only contains a military surplus one because it was the lightest most compact one ive found......(not the most usefull though lol)

Is this the "carnivor"
http://www.amazon.com/Camillus-Tita...=1358517541&sr=8-1&keywords=Carnivore+machete
I've seen it in the case, it does look mean...

Back
Top Bottom