Survival classes/information trading/group formation

Dad gum jloneill17's post about his "FIREHAWK", I made a second fire piston today out of different materials and had a second FAIL. IT'S NOT AS EASY AS LOOKS ON YOUTUBEt

Last edited:
Dad gum jloneill17's post about his "FIREHAWK", I made a second fire piston today out of different materials and had a second FAIL. IT'S NOT AS EASY AS LOOKS ON YOUTUBEt

Sorry to hear that! The seals are critical, but there is also some finesse needed in using it. I bought one years ago and it took a while to get the hang of it. They are 1/2 the price now that several companies are making them with modern materials.

I'm heading for the day with a Venturing Crew to practice survival skills. We are gearing them up for a 3-day wilderness survival "event." It will be knarly........
:evil:

Vc94, I'm a little jealous of ur trip.... The first one had piston problems, the second on its the tube. I am persistent tho so I'll get it right eventually

Here's something for a survival bag that's easy to make and pretty light weight
View attachment 156570
Its made from 1 1/4" electric conduit that I split down the seam and opened up/flattened out the cut the shape of the head with tin snips. No bullets needed for a meal that was once furry not green, lol. Add a leg snare to keep ur prey from escaping before u check ur traps

The new phone books are! The new phone books are here! the new fire piston works! I kinda put the parts from the first 2 that failed together and with the char-rope I made the other day I got a nice red coal that transferred well. I'd call that a success, the directions on YouTube actually panned out

ok, char-rope is the way to go, i'll show y'all the difference in functionality on Sat, i was shocked at how much better it is than char-cloth. it just makes 1 big ember, very impressive

piston w/ char-rope
image3.jpgimage5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom