• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Swap Meet!

Why do you need "cops" to watch the event if everybody is CC or OC? Why does every event have to have police security? Are we really a nanny state that we need cops present for security if there are 3 or more people present?

No offense to you cops out there but are you really needed at a private event?

Why do you need "cops" to watch the event if everybody is CC or OC? Why does every event have to have police security? Are we really a nanny state that we need cops present for security if there are 3 or more people present?

No offense to you cops out there but are you really needed at a private event?

Never been to a gun show or swap meet with firearms that didn't have police presence.

Yes. I make the other members send me copies of the original receipts and a copy of their birth certificate. Then I have an FBI buddy run the gun and the guy through the "federal registration" database.

Actually I had hoped the smileys would indicate that I was being sarcastic but I guess they didn't. I said that all "tongue in cheek".

Sounds good but everyone will want to cc or oc so that will include cops to watch the festivities at a cost no doubt.

Gotta be some Law Enforcement members on ODT that would show up FREE. Besides, why would Police be needed? Like stated above a lot of good folks will be oc/cc, can't a bunch of good ol' boys police themselves?

A gun club might be a good location if it was willing to host.

Yes. I make the other members send me copies of the original receipts and a copy of their birth certificate. Then I have an FBI buddy run the gun and the guy through the "federal registration" database.

Actually I had hoped the smileys would indicate that I was being sarcastic but I guess they didn't. I said that all "tongue in cheek".

Oops, sorry, missed that. LOL!

WOW!

This is a GREAT IDEA ... but do think it through ....

1) All "Gun Shows" have rules (to protect everyone, preclude accidents, and assure safety (and the reputation of every Gun Loving One of Us!)
2) Security does not have to be from a UNIFORMED LEO (keep in mind that every "Police Department" has rules regarding minimum wages for their officer's "off duty" activities.)
3) A "SMALL FEE" at the door could go a long way in supporting ODT as well as other causes (GeorgiaCarry.ORG, NRA, etc)
4) HOWEVER, ANY incident at the "Show" could do immeasurable harm to our forum as well as our rights to "Bear Arms"

If properly done, this could be a quarterly event ... that could propel our forum and "Fire Arms Rights" to heights (or depths) here-to-fore unimagined !!!

Back
Top Bottom