• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Swap Meet!

i'm not going , it's too far away but . . . why not just a swap meet. buy,sell ,trade do like the gun shows do check weapons at the door , no ammo with guns and put your little zip tie thingy thru the rifle/pistol no police needed if you all agree to act like the men you are!:D

something like this would have to be "unofficial" and not forum sponsored because of the liability it would bring. I think OS has talked about it before.

It's a great idea and we would need to establish some rules, but i've always thought this would be a good idea

The police are at the shows because they are running a business that requires insurance, and insurance likes the police presence...and it makes the sheeple feel better

I own my own business in Dalton ga. It has a 5000sq ft showroom with nearly all fixtures on wheels. A lounge area, a 30' length bar (I don't serve alcohol). I would be willing to allow my building for a few hours with just a few simple stipulations on a Sunday afternoon. I have several tables and chairs but may need others to bring more. No range access though. Would NOT want anyone handling loaded weapons but would not be frisking people either. Would be willing to bet Monte from Protective Measures would help too.

If people are interested let's hear it.

This would rock. It would be inside too, just incase of a rainy day. I could bring a few table from our work place too. I don't think they would mind using them just over a weekend.
I also would think it would be a good idea that no live ammo would be permitted.That way it would reduce the risk of any accidental discharges inside a building.

If you guys want it in Marietta I am OK with it. I just haven't heard anyone else stepping up. My offer stands but only if interest is there. I work 6 days a week and would be giving up a day off but would bring my boys.
I would allow live ammo bc someone may want to sell it.

My primary expectations would be no handling of loaded weapons period. If you carry piece is for sale then it would be on the table for sale. Not on your hip, loaded.
4 rules of handling firearms are not a suggestion. They are rules and should be followed.
I have reusable zip ties and would expect them to be used. Unless you wanted to check triggerpull which we all want to do. Verify the weapon is unloaded, have the seller verify, point in a safe direction, and check trigger.

I can see this being really simple as long as we conduct ourselves properly.

Ok, I spoke with "Option 1" for a possible location in Marietta - this is the indoor facility. I will have an answer tomorrow. 2nd choice is a great facility in Cartersville right in the heart of town. I know this is not centrally located like Marietta, but it's only another 15 minutes up 75. There's plenty of parking and it's indoors as well - there's not any tables, but I don't see a problem if everyone brought a small fold out table and a couple of chairs for their display. This facility is about 6000 to 7000 square feet.

Ok, I spoke with "Option 1" for a possible location in Marietta - this is the indoor facility. I will have an answer tomorrow. 2nd choice is a great facility in Cartersville right in the heart of town. I know this is not centrally located like Marietta, but it's only another 15 minutes up 75. There's plenty of parking and it's indoors as well - there's not any tables, but I don't see a problem if everyone brought a small fold out table and a couple of chairs for their display. This facility is about 6000 to 7000 square feet.

Sounds great!!

Back
Top Bottom