Swapping out the Quad Rail on a Rock River

Gabriel2416

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
29   0
Reaction score
I just picked up a slim full length quad rail to replace the one on my rock river along with a low pro gas block. I cannot figure out how to get the main nut off the factory quad to unscrew the quad.

All the tools I have do not have a large enough diameter.

Is there anyone out there that knows a good Gun Smith that could help more out with this for a decent price?

Might be a little shade tree for you, but I seem to remember using an old flat tip screwdriver with electrical tape over it to protect the main nut.
Put screwdriver blade in slot in nut and tap with a hammer. If your rail is similar to mine, the nut you're talking about is a jam nut and should loosen
fairly easily. Then unscrew rail off of barrel nut.
If you can't work it out by Sunday, I'd be happy to help you with it. I'm in Marietta. Unfortunately I'll be out of town till Sat. night.
Also, posting pics will help people see your problem.

Might be a little shade tree for you, but I seem to remember using an old flat tip screwdriver with electrical tape over it to protect the main nut.
Put screwdriver blade in slot in nut and tap with a hammer. If your rail is similar to mine, the nut you're talking about is a jam nut and should loosen
fairly easily. Then unscrew rail off of barrel nut.
If you can't work it out by Sunday, I'd be happy to help you with it. I'm in Marietta. Unfortunately I'll be out of town till Sat. night.
Also, posting pics will help people see your problem.

yes, do this

Back
Top Bottom