Sweet sweet justice for poachers

im not familiar with the rules and what not

what makes then poachers? are they on someone elses land er what?

Oh, let's count the ways:

1. Can't hunt from a vehicle
2. Can't shoot from within 50 yards of a road
3. None of them had enough orange on, nor did the bystanders, assuming it was in season
4. Probably out of season
5. Probably no license
6. The behavior would suggest no hunter's education certificate for the younger shooters
7. Maybe trespass

IMHO, people who wantonly flaunt the rules like that should loose their hunting privileges for 5 years in a first offense, 10 years in a second offense, and lifetime ban for a third. Don't know if there's a crossover point from civil violation to criminal misdemeanor, but there should be.

Oh, let's count the ways:

1. Can't hunt from a vehicle
2. Can't shoot from within 50 yards of a road
3. None of them had enough orange on, nor did the bystanders, assuming it was in season
4. Probably out of season
5. Probably no license
6. The behavior would suggest no hunter's education certificate for the younger shooters
7. Maybe trespass

IMHO, people who wantonly flaunt the rules like that should loose their hunting privileges for 5 years in a first offense, 10 years in a second offense, and lifetime ban for a third. Don't know if there's a crossover point from civil violation to criminal misdemeanor, but there should be.
why no hunting from a vehicle? and if they were on private land why would anything else be an issue? like i said, i am by no means familiar with the nuances and rules for hunting deer and the reason for the rules

why no hunting from a vehicle? and if they were on private land why would anything else be an issue? like i said, i am by no means familiar with the nuances and rules for hunting deer and the reason for the rules

Well, you could make a case for a parked vehicle, but in those cases, with motors running and most likely on a public roadway, it would likely be hunting from a vehicle under power, which is expressly a violation of the regs.

I doubt they were on private land.

How about we call it unsportsmanlike conduct.
We call it fair chase.
To give the critters a fair chance we don't drive around on the roads and shoot them from the truck.
We go into the woods after them. It ain't that easy, they have good eyesight, great noses, excellent instincts and they're fast. They have springs for legs hence the name Odocoileus Virginianus....
We take them on their own turf.

And all the reasons rbstern pointed out, safety is always a concern when shooting a high powered rifle...

Back
Top Bottom