• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Swiss Hammerli 357 Magnum SAA

Sharps40

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
Please say Hello to Booger.

Done and ready. Old and had a slight bit of usage, so, fitted a new firing pin tip.....drill rod soldered in to the original carrier in the nose....colts firing pins are a touch too small.

colt hand and spring

colt locking bolt and trigger spring.

shortened barrel to a true 4" length

Army Jager steel cam cut ejector housing installed for a true 4" barrel with the retaining stud soldered into place and a locking nut made up from a broken ruger ejector tube screw.....full length ejector housing gives the shorter barrel a big revolver look in a compact/small package. … and the cylinder pin is fully dismountable without having to remove the entire ejector assembly.

Ruger crescent ejector rod and button is on the way, i'll install them next week.

fiber optic "try sight" in the new dovetail cut in the shortened barrel

11 degree target crown.

.002" cylinder bushing shim, perfect timing and great lock up.

time to sight it in and then pick a wide fiber optic front sight to completely fill the dovetail cut.
DSCN5053.JPG

Shot it in yesterday at 10 yards with 357 and 38s. Ordered a .410 fire sight, .531 wide to fill the dovetail all the way across.. It was hitting a bit over the front sight with the .370 high try sight. So, should be just about perfect and that fire sight is so much easier to shoot with than a thin blade! Tarnished up the brass grip and trigger guard and put in the crescent ejector rod (shortened to work in the shorter Army San Marco/Army Jager cammed ejector housing) and with the front cam the ejector crescent locks down snug against the barrel. Everything is smooth and happy.

It is a worker for me. Seen a bit of use but still looks great. As such, it was a good one to have a bit of work done for fixing up and customizing. When received it had a broken firing pin, burred firing pin hole, a bit of end shake, slightly bunged grip panel, broken hand spring. Mostly, colt parts fit up and cleaned up/checked timing, shortened barrel and ejector and cylinder pin. Also, I drilled the original firing pin body and soldered in a drill rod pin, that'll never break. Now its ready to rumble around with me daily. a solid workhorse.

Back
Top Bottom