• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taco Tuesday - be honest...

Since today is Tuesday....

• Total voters
3396504A-F287-4C84-843E-5F8D3D7C450A.jpeg
84C80415-1A4D-4497-AA2B-A21636D98CE7.jpeg

This is what "a taco" should look like to me. However one of these is a Taco Bell product and I don't care for their taco meat. If I could put much better quality meat in that same tortilla with the same ingredients, that'd would be perfect.

View attachment 7037930View attachment 7037931

This is what "a taco" should look like to me. However one of these is a Taco Bell product and I don't care for their taco meat. If I could put much better quality meat in that same tortilla with the same ingredients, that'd would be perfect.
If you want a better version of Taco Bell, there’s nothing wrong with that. To me, it’s kind of like saying you ordered a cheeseburger but they served you a backyard cookout version and you were hoping for McDonalds.

A Messican restaurant near me has
"all you can eat tacos" on Tuesdays for $10.

The problem is they are authentic Mexican tacos with nothing but meat,
a little bit of onion, and cilantro.

No cheese, no lettuce, no sour cream.
I don't like those kind of tacos all that much.
What are you a vegetarian or something?

On a rare outing for me I was able to get out for lunch yesterday. I decided to go to the new hole in the wall Mexican restaurant that has just opened up.
I knew the food would be good the minute I walked in because I was the only Anglo in the whole place.
I prefer "blanco hombre", but you do you. :)

Friends took me to a hole-in-the-wall place called Taco Town in the Chattanooga area. I'll certainly go back but it was odd that the nacho chips tasted kinda stale but everything else was great! Had several street tacos with rice and refried beans. Those beans were the best I've ever tasted and reminded me of my grandmother's lard-infused pinto beans, or maybe it was big chunks of real fat back from a hog I had fed and helped butcher.

Man, this is making me hongry!!

I prefer "blanco hombre", but you do you. :)

Friends took me to a hole-in-the-wall place called Taco Town in the Chattanooga area. I'll certainly go back but it was odd that the nacho chips tasted kinda stale but everything else was great! Had several street tacos with rice and refried beans. Those beans were the best I've ever tasted and reminded me of my grandmother's lard-infused pinto beans, or maybe it was big chunks of real fat back from a hog I had fed and helped butcher.

Man, this is making me hongry!!
I don’t speak Spanish but I think the word you’re looking for is gringo. The beans have lard, which is where you found the familiarity. I agree they’re delicious.

Back
Top Bottom