• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

tactical-what is it?

what does it need to be tactical more than anything

• light/lazer

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • folding stock and/or side saddle

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • optics

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • bi pod and all black

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • it will wakes up and makes you breakfast, its that hi tech

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
so its been covered before, but i think it would be nice to review a definition

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tactical

of or pertaining to tactics, especially military or naval tactics.
characterized by skillful tactics or adroit maneuvering or procedure: tactical movements.
of or pertaining to a maneuver or plan of action designed as an expedient toward gaining a desired end or temporary advantage.

so....there are no tactical guns, just tactical uses

i could use a single shot .410 tactically

i mean, hey if someone says tactical in their add, i know before hand its probably blacked out with ATI stock or something on it, so it serves a purpose as far as ODT is concerned. to me however, calling something tactical just makes me want the gun less (if i wanna trick something out, then i wanna do it. it seems like its peoples left over garage projects, or they get it and realize there is no actually purpose for it other than looking cool so if funds are tight or they want something else its the first to go)

but i suppose to does work for some people, im really trying to find a better definition for it, like when does something become tactical? does it need a folding stock or laser sight or optics, and what guns require which features. it seems the additions make the gun more than anything, so if i were to get a tactical AR15 what would you expect someone to have with it?

im really looking for a generalized consensus of what an ODT regular would consider to be a tactical listing for a type of firearm

my answer is not on the poll...........

it must say or have a picture of a zombie on it!........that makes it tactical!!

This isn't one of the choices

64046.jpg

Back
Top Bottom