• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tag and emissions test

You're allowed to go have an emissions test done anytime but it has to be one within 30 days to get your tag. I tried once and was turned away

The emissions can be done at any time during the calendar year. Though you can only pay the registration 60 days prior to your birthday unless they will give you an exception because perhaps your car will be out of state with a college student.

Get the emissions done at your leisure when the light is off.

Mine has been doing this this last 3 years..my birthday is Jan 23 and last 2 years got emissions in Paulding in November..this year after Christmas just whenever the light would go off a few days..no issues.

Replaced the knock sensors and the whole time was the friggin harness. Dont want to tear the top of the motor off again even tho I got the harness now:D

When you get your car tested they will give you a printout of the report. The report only stays in the computer system of the DMV for 30 days. However the printed report is good for 1 year. Test it now and keep that printed report. They won't have a record of it at the tag office but you can show it to them and get your tag

When you get your car tested they will give you a printout of the report. The report only stays in the computer system of the DMV for 30 days. However the printed report is good for 1 year. Test it now and keep that printed report. They won't have a record of it at the tag office but you can show it to them and get your tag
yup, i did it yesterday and passed. gonna scan it to my computer and bring it with me at the end of april hen i get the notice in the mail

I already did the same thing on my 95 Honda. Hard to find a place that will actually test it on a dyno anymore
aint that some bull**** for real

any car between 1994 and 1997 wont be exempt from the emissions rules (aka no more grandfathering in 25 year old cars after 1993 that dont require emissions) and those cars didnt come with the standard obd readers

aint that some bull**** for real

any car between 1994 and 1997 wont be exempt from the emissions rules (aka no more grandfathering in 25 year old cars after 1993 that dont require emissions) and those cars didnt come with the standard obd readers

I don't think so. The 25-year rule still applies. I only have to give my Honda tested one more tim

whoever says 30 days is not correct. I know for a fact I've had my vehicles tested (have three of them for emissions requirements) and am usually 60+ days out on testing. Never had an issue. Emission guy said "calendar year" like someone else said, but I have never verified it.

I need to go to the tag office one day soon to get my trailer tagged, so I will verify with a tag office clerk or supervisor and repost this back on here. May will do this week, just need to find the motivation to do so. :)

Back
Top Bottom