• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Taking antlers out

Saw them off below the root crown - any saw will work. You can take the top of the skull if you want to keep them mounted. You will be sawing into brain though, so be prepared...

Cover them witk Sale or Borax laundry sopa to dry out and insect proof the mount.

It's from one I shot last year, the processor capped the skull for me. It was a spike and my first deer. I was wanting to use the spike as a keychain and am finally getting around to the project

It's from one I shot last year, the processor capped the skull for me. It was a spike and my first deer. I was wanting to use the spike as a keychain and am finally getting around to the project

Congrats on you first deer! Good idea for a key chain!

Cool idea, All of mine are just thrown in a pile in my gun room. Wife doesnt want to see em. Cant help but wonder though...just how small was that spike, or just how big is this key chain gonna be?

image.jpg

Ok, a spike and a half

Back
Top Bottom