• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talk me out of buying this..

Man I TRULY do love me some Cold Steel, but the price on that is insane. Come to think of it when the price of ANY knife puts it in competition for a gun in the budget the knife is overpriced. I have 2 of the Kobun Tantos, a Tanto Lite, a few of the GI Tantos, a few Magnum Kukhri machetes, etc, etc...I will NOT spend that kind of coin on a knife.

If knowing you have it is going to make you happy, go for it. But if you are like me and knowing how much you paid for it is going to keep you from using and enjoying it, skip it. I'm sitting on(figuratively speaking) a $1400 Colt Wiley Clapp Commander that I can NOT bring myself to carry or even shoot. Sometimes I take it out of the safe and look at it, but shoot it? Shut yo mouf! LOL!

I took a look at ESEE, but it's just a headache trying to navigate their awful website. That probably just means they allocate all their resources to knives, and none to web design. :D

For the SRK you have pictured, try thebladeshop.com. They have that one for $125. I own a few Cold Steel knives and one in particular I have abused the hell out of is the Trailmaster made with CarbonV steel, I've chopped down trees that are 8" in diameter with that thing. I never go in the hunting woods without it. The one they have now made with the SK-5 high carbon steel I don't know too much about but I've read good and bad reviews on that steel. I also have a Tanto made with AUS8A steel and that thing is scary sharp! The VG-1 San Mai III is supposed to be some badass steel though.

Oh, I'm sorry, we were supposed to be talking you out of buying that knife. lol!

1. Take 3 deep-cleansing breaths.
2. Go to knifeworks.com
3. Pick your color on an ESEE-6 (JUNGLAS for a REAL 10 incher!)
4. Pick your extra cool accessories to go with it.
5. Mail me $50.00
^^this^^ Roger is just a darn nice guy!
or take a look at the D2 Boker plus Rold http://www.knifeworks.com/bokerplusvoxknivesrold.aspx
or even the Zero tolerance sheath knives... Just personal opinion but a rubber handled knife is gonna leave you wanting

I am with them on the glock 78 , one tough ass knife , buy you 2 if you can destroy the handle ! Seen a guy beat the hell out of one for over and hour and didnt even scratch it hardly , he never did get the handle off .

ESEE....start there. After you have a knife that will do anything, then you can start collecting other knives. I think I am up to 40.....or maybe 50. I actually keep @ 20 in the safe....because they do cost as much as a firearm. ESEE 3 is a good place to start.

Back
Top Bottom