• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Talk me out of carrying a Tokarev

Let me rephrase... the only way this is going on my belt for defense against two legged predatory bad guys is if I convert to 9MM. I love the 7.62x25, but the penetration seems adverse to defense in public. Great for cheap blasting, and the penetration seems perfect for big, thick beast skull in the woods.

I'm actually more inclined to pick up some 7.62X25 carbide dies and work up some nasty 100 grain-ish JHPs. I ran 350 rounds of 50's surplus through her today. Not a single mal function that I cannot attribute to old, poorly stored ammo. Two rounds required second strikes to fire. One would not fire at all. The remaining 347 were flawless, and pretty damn accurate, if I do say so. Even at 100 yards, hitting a man sized cardboard target wasn't too difficult. Very flat shooting handgun. I shot it better more consistently than any of my other single action only pistols. Maybe if I can find a decent holster, it might see some CCW time in the winter months. Come to think of it, some decent grips would be great, too. I'll never understand why those thick, bulky grips are on such a thin pistol.

they're hot lil round. saw one demo, of all the handgun cartridges, the only one that would pierce a kevlar helmet was 7.62x25.

I'm actually more inclined to pick up some 7.62X25 carbide dies and work up some nasty 100 grain-ish JHPs. I ran 350 rounds of 50's surplus through her today. Not a single mal function that I cannot attribute to old, poorly stored ammo. Two rounds required second strikes to fire. One would not fire at all. The remaining 347 were flawless, and pretty damn accurate, if I do say so. Even at 100 yards, hitting a man sized cardboard target wasn't too difficult. Very flat shooting handgun. I shot it better more consistently than any of my other single action only pistols. Maybe if I can find a decent holsterUncle Mikes makes a paddle holster out of some sort of cloth for a 1911 that fits it very well. It is the one that I use when I carry it. The only drag is on the Norinco version the front site is so tall and thin it can catch easy. The uncle mikes holster is the only I have found that minimizes this problem., it might see some CCW time in the winter months. Come to think of it, some decent grips would be great, too. I'll never understand why those thick, bulky grips are on such a thin pistolHey now, us ham fisted people need those grips on there to make it more comfortable..

I think you are coming around to the beauty of the round. Let me Know giant if you ever pick up a set of dies for it. I will send you brass and split the loading cost with you if you want to. Where are you located at in SE GA?

I think you are coming around to the beauty of the round. Let me Know giant if you ever pick up a set of dies for it. I will send you brass and split the loading cost with you if you want to. Where are you located at in SE GA?

Indeed, I am. With JHP I don't see it being any worse than most handgun rounds. They all fall to a decent rifle, at the end of the day, and the purpose of a handgun in my planning is to get me back to my rifle, or to protect me when having the long gun on my person would be socially unacceptable. I ordered the dies yesterday. Pm me and we will work something out if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom