• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tall sights. I am QUITE obviously doing it wrong. WTH?

bluesman2a

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
32   0
Reaction score
OK, so I've picked up a couple of 9mm hosts that either have or I have put taller sights on existing guns for use with a Liberty Mystic. In both cases, when I was testing them this weekend I was shooting consistently 6-9" low. I was shooting at approximately 10 yards, with just vanilla 115GR Summit Ammo, and no suppressor (at the time). I was getting good groups, showing consistent/repeatable actions, but couldn't effectively move the group when I was aiming at a specific point of impact.

1) first gun is a S&W M&P Pro Core 9L with the taller sights they use for co-witnessing with the red-dot. These are factory installed. I don't have a lot of trigger-time on this gun and thought it was just me. In fact, I may still rule it to be me, but the similarity in shot placement was almost identical.

2) Also have a glock 34 that I recently had a set of Ameriglo GL-329 sights installed. This also has a new Lone Wolf threaded barrel. I've shot this gun effectively for over a decade. When looking at the Ameriglo website they have a calculator for sight off-set, but if the GL-329 sight is for all glock models, are you SUPPOSED to have to get a different front sight?

Anybody have suggestions?

The tall sights need to be both a tall front and rear.

My Ameriglo's are super accurate, you're not focusing on the the target instead of the front post are you?

The tall sights need to be both a tall front and rear.

My Ameriglo's are super accurate, you're not focusing on the the target instead of the front post are you?

Both sights are SETS. The S&W was factory and the Ameriglo's were bought as a set, so unless they are mis-matched or not tuned together from the factory, I would THINK they are the proper set together.

As far as focus, I'll just go with a Cooper-ism “Blessed are those who, in the face of death, think only about the front sight.”
:cool:

Both sights are SETS. The S&W was factory and the Ameriglo's were bought as a set, so unless they are mis-matched or not tuned together from the factory, I would THINK they are the proper set together.

As far as focus, I'll just go with a Cooper-ism “Blessed are those who, in the face of death, think only about the front sight.”
:cool:

That's really weird, I didn't think you had only replaced one of the sights, but I was just checking.

Back
Top Bottom