• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tats, sleeves, socks, why the whole body covering attraction

No , seriously, I have six....no regrets. Never got any on an impulse. The last one I got was my wife of 37 years name between my shoulder blades on my back. It says “Annie” but I thought it out. If anything ever happens to us I’ll get an F put in front of it and “I like” above it.

All of the people who have said a variation on Don't judge, Do your own thing. Live and let live but there is a line. You have one. Visible tats may not be it. Wild colored hair might not be it. Facial piercings maybe? Crossdressing?

"that might have been true 30 years ago but unless you have prison tattoos or your face covered in them they're gonna treat you just the same as anyone else."

BS

Seen it , cops treat tattys different. How many folks get chicken winged on the side of the road for speeding? Seen 2 tattys get that treatment. And promotions are few and far between if you have visible tats in the white collar world.

If it works for you, more power to you.
so you know first hand because of their tattoos they got pulled over or arrested during the traffic stop? I worked in law enforcement for just shy of 6 years, up until this past feburary, I never once saw someone get treated differently just because they had normal tattoos, yea sure if a guy had gang tattoos I could see, and most of the time if they're gang tattoos they're gonna be very visible, I would pay a little more attention to them.

As far as advancement in the work place I dont see it unless you're talking about a white collar office job and joe blow has a tattoo across his neck... I know a guy making close to 100k a year as a superintendent for county DOT and he has sleeves, I know numerous cops that are in supervisory positions that have sleeves.

Point is tattoo acceptance is becoming normal in most work places. I'd rather meet a nice person covered in tattoos than a person who judges others for having them.

Came back from airborne school with a fake set of wings on my arm. My mom eagle clawed me and asked “wtf?”
I responded “their fake momma”. It’d be like never being able to take off dirty underwear. But to each his own. My kids can only get Olympic Rings if they win.

Back
Top Bottom