• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Taurus 709 Slim Question

Devildog08

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the Taurus 709 Slim Gen 2 model. For a used one under $200 do you think its worth having for the price? What about reliability? Also where can you find the factory 9 round extended mag?

I really like mine. Compact, very accurate, with fully adjustable sights, and reliable. I have a thousand rounds of various makes and load with zero stoppages, even when I intentionally let it get funky.

Mags are pricey though. ~$30 for a stock 7 rd. (was much worse like $50+ last year). The extended ones are even more expensive and hard to find.

I really like mine. Compact, very accurate, with fully adjustable sights, and reliable. I have a thousand rounds of various makes and load with zero stoppages, even when I intentionally let it get funky.

Mags are pricey though. ~$30 for a stock 7 rd. (was much worse like $50+ last year). The extended ones are even more expensive and hard to find.
Academy has stock mags for $32.99 in store I have not seen where to even find a extended one. Do you have one?

Yeah why not? I have owned a 709 for a very short time as well as a Kel Tec PF9. The 709 was a much better pistol. Better trigger pull,better disassembly mechanism and a manual safety lever for folks that like having one. I paid $200.00 for the one I had and at the time it was a deal. But since I've seen them new on the PSA site ( along with the 111 G2 )for $199.00 with free shipping I'd say that $200.00 for a used one is nothing special unless ammo and extra stuff comes with it.

Yeah why not? I have owned a 709 for a very short time as well as a Kel Tec PF9. The 709 was a much better pistol. Better trigger pull,better disassembly mechanism and a manual safety lever for folks that like having one. I paid $200.00 for the one I had and at the time it was a deal. But since I've seen them new on the PSA site ( along with the 111 G2 )for $199.00 with free shipping I'd say that $200.00 for a used one is nothing special unless ammo and extra stuff comes with it.

A buddy bought it last week and now needs the money it is 2016 production I checked. Only 14 rounds through it and 7 of the rounds I shot he shot one mag and so did I really quick before we went to the lake. It comes with 50 rounds he wants $180.

To each his own...but with all the other reputable slim 9s on the market such as the g43, shield, the xds to name a few that have imo better trigger pulls and trigger reset (important to me) as well as just overall better quality, i dont think its worth having. I had one years ago. Was a gen 1 prolly, cuz it was a while back. Had reliability issues with it and that may not be the case with the gen 2 model. However, all things considered, a sub $200 pistol is a sub $200 pistol. Taurus is hit and miss with their product. Several local gun shops quit selling taurus line for inconsitent quality control.

LOL!

I guess I lucked out and got a good one then.

Academy has stock mags for $32.99 in store I have not seen where to even find a extended one. Do you have one?

Nope. Mine is an EDC. CC is my priority. I don't even want pinky extensions. 15 rds. is good enough for me.

Prices are slightly cheaper on feebay, and there is someone selling a 10 rd. mag modified from something else.

Back
Top Bottom