• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Taurus Judge Polymer

I carry this ultra-lite Public Defender everyday, it goes in my pocket every morning just like my pocket knifes. I dont understand folks that say these pistols are "pointless" or that the ".410 is marginal at best for self defense". No use in bashing something just because you have no use for it, I understand the Judge might not work for everyone but it works great for me and a lot of other folks. I like being able to have the 410 and the 45colt at the same time....

Attachments

• 0- 001m.jpg
    0- 001m.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 11
But the .410 is MARGINAL for self defense. Not a bash, just the cold hard truth. It doesn't work for me because there are a bunch of better choices out there in handguns. Even the buckshot loads out of these get nowhere near the FBI minimum. If I carried one of these for self defense all of the cylinders would have .45 LC.

Like I said, I don't get it. .410 out a pistol-length barrel seems far from ideal for CC. .45 LC can get it done, but that's a big heavy package for five .45s. Handguns reallllly, really suck as compared to a good rifle or shotgun. I would feel better with more rounds on tap.

[Broken External Image]:

Don't think you want to be on the receiving end of these.

Now I wouldn't put 410 birdshot in there, but only shells specifically formulated to mess you up.

Personally for me, I don't plan to carry it that much. It sits next to my bed.

But it's pointless, I'll just throw it in the back of the safe.

Last edited:
But the .410 is MARGINAL for self defense. Not a bash, just the cold hard truth. It doesn't work for me because there are a bunch of better choices out there in handguns. Even the buckshot loads out of these get nowhere near the FBI minimum. If I carried one of these for self defense all of the cylinders would have .45 LC.

Have you ever shot a living creature with 410 shot out of a Judge?

Like I said, I don't get it. .410 out a pistol-length barrel seems far from ideal for CC. .45 LC can get it done, but that's a big heavy package for five .45s. Handguns reallllly, really suck as compared to a good rifle or shotgun. I would feel better with more rounds on tap.

I have a holster that clips on my front overalls pocket and only the grip sticks out of my pocket, not that heavy at all.

Have you ever shot a living creature with 410 shot out of a Judge?

Have you shot a two legged predator with one? Dogs,cats, birds, rabbits, squirrels, etc are a far cry from a drugged out 250lb man. The OP asked for opinions. I gave mine. Carry what you want. I will
personally carry loads that will consistently penetrate the minimum.

Back
Top Bottom