• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus PT 1911 Opinions ?

GuyG0n497

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
What's the general opinion on a Taurus PT 1911? Looking for a nice 1911 that won't break the bank. I have seen mixed reviews on this but a lot seem to be from folks who don't even own one. Is this a firearm to avoid ? I'm probably down to this one, a RIA Tactical, or an American Classic II just for reference.

Thanks

i39.tinypic.com_2uicit5.jpg

i39.tinypic.com_vd2ybr.jpg

i40.tinypic.com_b5sbbo.jpg

This Taurus stainless steel pistol had a previous owner who polished the internals and is now slick like butter. I really didn't think too much about them before I shot this one. After playing around with it I warmed up to it. I think they are a great value for the money.

I love my Taurus 1911 with aluminum receiver. Just got it back in November of last year. No problems. This gun is tight like a Colt Gold Cup. You can shake it in your hand and it makes no loose sounds. Has a number of "extras" that are standard features. If I'm not mistaken you can get them at Adventure Outdoors for $449 if you take cash. CC is extra. AO is slow/etc/etc but I challenge you to find a brand new one for less.

I'm a value shopper. I'm willing to pay more if I get more, but the Taurus 1911 was the most bang for the buck (pardon the pun). Buy it, and if you don't like it, sell it here for almost what you paid for it.

Good luck with your purchase!

I have the taurus pt1911ar in all stainless with cocobolo grips. I love it. I mean its a custom gun out of the box. You cant get a colt or kimber with the upgrades the pt1911 has without spending 2k. Its awesome. I am not a bargain shopper. This is a cheap pistol moneywise, but the product is superior to many 1k 1911's I own

I've got one chambered in .38 Super. I can't find anything to complain about.

It's accurate, reliable, and all my 1911 junk works fine in it. It shoots .355, .356,
and .357 bullets great. I've use magazines from several manufacture's without issue.

It was less than $500.00 new, hard not to like it!

Back
Top Bottom