• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tax Day

Monday is tax day. Anyone else making major changes to their tax planning this year after filing? We are getting a refund this year which means they got to use our money instead of us. Might have been because I bumped up my 401k withholding.
I increased my withholdings just a little.
I owe. And I'll pay on the 15th, no sooner.
I owed and honestly just wanted to get it behind me. I paid them and got it over with
Congratulations this tells us you had a great year.

Got to pay I try to have enough takin out to break even.my youngish daughter(still living at home going to school and working) decided to let her friend do hers ( claiming herself) without telling .and she’s getting back about a grand and I got to pay about 1100 lost that dependent.

What happens if you just don't do it? Serious question. Like for 2 years.
Had that happen to a guy, he wanted to know why he didn't get paid that week, payroll said IRS put a hold on his pay check. He kept getting letters fro the IRS and he thru them in the trash. He had to make arrangements before they would release his checks

Monday is tax day. Anyone else making major changes to their tax planning this year after filing? We are getting a refund this year which means they got to use our money instead of us. Might have been because I bumped up my 401k withholding.
Really a good idea as I done that for years to offset the amount of money I made to put it in a place where I could draw it in retirement. Makes life really better.

I've maxed out my 401k the last 5 years or so and since I'm over 55 that is a chunk of change missing from checks. Trying to play the long game and retire shortly (like very shortly). Refund is mainly because the wife made less in her contract job; but that means I get to see her more.

I've maxed out my 401k the last 5 years or so and since I'm over 55 that is a chunk of change missing from checks. Trying to play the long game and retire shortly (like very shortly). Refund is mainly because the wife made less in her contract job; but that means I get to see her more.
You also can do traditional IRA's for the both of you. I always did one on each of us for about $6500.00 each, in return my refund always paid for 1 of them nearly.

Back
Top Bottom