• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TAX free guns!?!?!?!?!!?

I want to say that I read this is possibly going to be pared down where it only covers gun safes. The proposed timing of the tax-waived period was just before deer season, which encourages the conversation about hunting. Whatever products are covered, I'd imagine retail businesses selling the products would have a big spike in sales.

I want to say that I read this is possibly going to be pared down where it only covers gun safes. The proposed timing of the tax-waived period was just before deer season, which encourages the conversation about hunting. Whatever products are covered, I'd imagine retail businesses selling the products would have a big spike in sales.
If 5-6% is the determining factor in a purchase, you can’t afford it anyway.

Ditto on the "Vote Buying 101" post.

And, I'm against any sales tax holidays on any specifc products. Every product should be taxed at the same rate (or we should do away with sales taxes entirely).

If we're going to have a sales tax, it should be the same whether you're buying a sex toy, a computer, a case of motor oil, or a new set of golf clubs.

If there really is a problem with poor people who are responsible law abiding citizens and want to own a firearm for protection but cannot afford the gun, or the ammo, or a safe or other secure, locking storage container,

then then there should be a government program --a sort of welfare-- to subsidize the cost of these things for specific people who apply for this financial aid.

Only those people.
Not the recently retired dude who's got a full pension from work, government Social Security benefits, half a million in his retirement fund, and has decided that he wants to expand his gun collection from 15 guns to 100 firearms by buying several each year only at the time of the year when the tax holiday for guns is in effect.

IMG_0039.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom