Tell me about Autos

land_surveyor

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
85   0
Reaction score
Can anyone have one?
Can anyone carry one?
Where can I buy one? Every where I find online will only sell to Active Military or LE.
Can anyone sell an auto to anyone else (private sale) like guns in GA?

Sorry I'm an Auto noob.

Thanks in advance.

Ok I have no idea to most of these but im going to guess based on what iv seen:
1. I think its covered by a gwl but may not be carried without
2. I think anyone can with a gwl, just because I think the language on weapons atleast before the laws changed did specifically say auto knives.
3. There are several places to buy, not sure around you but dead center range in buford had a nice selection.
4. As far as I know no requirements on selling.
Im probably wrong on all of this but I also dont know much in this realm but have never been told I couldnt buy one when looking at them and im to lazy to pull up the law right now to check into all that jazz to be 100%.

I EDC a Rocky Moser auto it is small enough to fit in my watch pocket and large enough for daily use. these are truly awesome knifes, Do they fall in the law guide lines ???

California Knives... Proud knife maker of the original California Auto. Designed back in 1992 by Rocky Moser and Boyd Britt. The 'California Auto' is the knife that started the little automatic craze. Originally marketed by Smith and Wesson, thousands of the these knives have been sold. It's uniqueness and quality have set it apart from all the other California legal automatic knives. If you have one you already know! This is an auto that truly snaps open WITH AUTHORITY!!! AMERICAN MADE IN VISALIA, CA.

[Broken External Image]:
California Auto, 20 years
Black bolster, Oak scales​
$

Whatever you do, don't go to this website: www.bladehq.com

They have lots of automatics on there. I've got a Microtech Ultra tech. Very neat little knife, but frankly I like my Leek better for EDC. One other little note on the Microtech knives- I got one with the glass breaker on the back of the handle. It jabs my palm/side of my hand way too frequently when I reach in my pocket.

I always wanted an out the front auto. But I kind of wish I'd saved my money after carrying it for a while. The Leek is just as fast, 25% the price, and does all I really need.

X2 on bladehq.com. Prefer side open vs. out the front. My EDC is a boker Kalishnakov commemerative....smooth action and incredibly sharp. Have concealed permit

Big Woods Goods always has a few in stock, they never asked to see my gwl, here's one I got from them.

odt ak.jpg

Need a carry permit to carry one but, they are legal to edc in Georgia. Ga doesn't have many knife restrictions....they are fun but, expensive. Most have a little blade play due to all of the working parts inside. Not meant to be beat up on or used for tough tasks...don't do what I did, and try and take one apart....smh

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_22_e9epebaj.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom