tell me about frogLube

I will be the lone voice in the wilderness- don't like it and won't use it any more.

What did you not like about it? I know some folks who have said that it seems to go away quickly, but I have not had the problem yet.

As for gumming up my .22's, I used it on my tactical solutions .22 upper and my Ruger 22/45, and both of them gummed up a bit. I did not wipe them dry like a lot of folks do with Froglube, so that may have been part of the problem. I have to see a little bit of "wet" to be satisfied with any lube on moving parts.

my 22 s run fine with it

I coat my sparrow with it and it makes it much easier to clean than the lithium did
I like the way you think!
20130209_222321_resized.jpg

Just read the instructions...you have to strip the ol' petro-based stuff off before using FL. Oil-based and FL don't play well together.

I used brake cleaner.

Oh, and then you have to heat up the parts...

But I must say, it seems to work pretty good after all of the hassle...

Still like CLP for AR's and AK's...

explain please? Like to hear both sides

What did you not like about it? I know some folks who have said that it seems to go away quickly, but I have not had the problem yet.

As for gumming up my .22's, I used it on my tactical solutions .22 upper and my Ruger 22/45, and both of them gummed up a bit. I did not wipe them dry like a lot of folks do with Froglube, so that may have been part of the problem. I have to see a little bit of "wet" to be satisfied with any lube on moving parts.

Gumming up- that stuff was everywhere, and even caused some light firing pin strikes.
It was already applied on a gun I bought so I have no idea on how well it was applied.
The stuff was greasy and a pia to remove, so no more for me.

Just read the instructions...you have to strip the ol' petro-based stuff off before using FL. Oil-based and FL don't play well together.

I used brake cleaner.

Oh, and then you have to heat up the parts...

But I must say, it seems to work pretty good after all of the hassle...

Still like CLP for AR's and AK's...

I actually use it without the heating and seems to work fine. That might make it work better on my .22's but I just went back to regular old oil.

Gumming up- that stuff was everywhere, and even caused some light firing pin strikes.
It was already applied on a gun I bought so I have no idea on how well it was applied.
The stuff was greasy and a pia to remove, so no more for me.

Sounds like they packed it in like cosmoline!!:D

Back
Top Bottom