• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tell me about your Shield

WWG

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
38   0
Reaction score
I got my eye on a new M&P Shield 9mm with night sights at a local shop here. Haven't shot one, just curious about how some of you guys that own them feel about them. Also curious about trigger jobs. My bil says the Apex is the boob job for M&P's.

In my view, the Shield would be a great gun with decent mags. At its current price point, it is a good pistol. I've owned several and they will jam especially in "run and shoots". The mag is likely the culprit as you will feel the lack of quality when loading. For this reason, it would not be my primary carry. Remember this is my view only and some will not agree based on their personal experience.

Reactions: WWG
I have two. One I have had for a while with no problems. I bought a second a couple of weeks ago and fired six rounds to check it out. I am going to sell the new one which is 9mm and no safety, It was an impulse buy.

Reactions: WWG
Just get the Performance Center Shield and no need for any trigger mods...

image.jpeg

Best single stack 9mm in my opinion.
The size is just right for shoot ability and conceal. Carry enough rounds especially with a spare mag. Never had a jam after going through 1000+ rds.
I don't do anything on trigger to my carry weapon, feel it's inviting trouble for the small benefit which doesn't make me a better shooter.

The only thing I don't like about it is magazine is almost impossible to fully load by hand. Also with full mag it's hard to lock into pistol when slide closed.

Back
Top Bottom