• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tell me this is fake news

Just imagine most of the bars and restaurants and charm being replaced with corporate America restaurant chains, and retail downtown. Chick-fil-A literally across the street from the arches. 316 now ends into a wonder land of chain restaurants and strip malls. I didn’t venture into East Athens.
Well, new customers, new demands, sissies and foes... Millennials choices...
They had to keep up with their new visitors!

Just imagine most of the bars and restaurants and charm being replaced with corporate America restaurant chains, and retail downtown. Chick-fil-A literally across the street from the arches. 316 now ends into a wonder land of chain restaurants and strip malls. I didn’t venture into East Athens.
And a lot of the historical old buildings surrounding the downtown area are gone and replaced with high rise apartment complexes.

Well, new customers, new demands, sissies and foes... Millennials choices...
They had to keep up with their new visitors!

yeah, but they used to preserve the historic downtown area. If you where hungry you would go to little Italy. It felt like every building down there was a bar with loft living above it.
Felt kind of like you went back in time. Not anymore. Everything changes I guess. The Dr. that owned most of the buildings must have passed(family sold), or realized there was a **** load of money in selling what he owned.

And a lot of the historical old buildings surrounding the downtown area are gone and replaced with high rise apartment complexes.

yeah, but they used to preserve the historic downtown area. If you where hungry you would go to little Italy. It felt like every building down there was a bar with loft living above it.
Felt kind of like you went back in time. Not anymore. Everything changes I guess. The Dr. that owned most of the buildings must have passed(family sold), or realized there was a **** load of money in selling what he owned.

I did go to Clemson last Fall a few times and it was almost unrecognizable from the late 80's early 90's too.

Never been there but i heard their food suxs.
Grew up with it since I was born. Went to it a lot when I went to the North Avenue Trade school from 77-80 (BSEE). I always said, "you have to be able to appreciate abused food." :0) Always liked the greasy fries and the pimento cheeseburgers (fried in what they'd call a Panini fryer nowadays.) For years I searched for the type of pimento cheese they used. What I found almost exactly like it is Palmetto pimento cheese dip you can buy at Walmart, etc. for those interested.

Back
Top Bottom