Thank you -ODT , your support

Status
Not open for further replies.

41mag

Wolf Icon Supporter
Shake, rattle & roll !
121   0
Reaction score
As many of you who know, my father in-law ( Mrs. 41mag's daddy) has been sick and pretty much on his last go around. He passed away this past Sunday, August 10, at Henry County Hospital. The family and Dr.s had sent him home for a peaceful hospice at the house, things don't always go as planned(as we all know). They had to bring him back to the hospital for his final hours....I blame this on a very unprofessional hospice company, as lots of stuff went wrong other than this. Anyway, it is over. We had the funeral yesterday (Friday August 16) .
The main reason I decided to start this thread is I had a thread going asking for your prayers for my wife and all involved.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/712740-Prayer-Request

I wanted to thank you fine folks again, for the outpouring and support, that only a great deal of the members here can give. You folks give unconditionally, very willingly and know how to say the right stuff at the right time when it counts. Thanks - ODT bretheren, when it counts the most !
Mrs. 41mag was touched to read the comments and prayers from "total strangers" (as she put it) , I told her that these people were "more of a friend than you know".

My father in-law left me some cool stuff. He wasn't a real big gun nut, but had a few. He had said long ago that he wanted me to have his firearms, because "he Knew I would cherish them". He was right. The ones he had were neglected but not gone. After I work them over I will post some pics. Some other stuff his daughter(my wife) wanted and gotten were his sherif badges, his sherif brotherhood ring(like a class ring) that she gave to me, I've also got his old service belt, handcuffs, stuff like that. I plan on making a shadow box with some of it. Very cool and meaningful stuff that I will always cherish.

Anyway- thanks again you guys and gals....you made a tough time easier.
Mrs. 41 and I send out our thanks and regards ,
Ken and Susan.

Very sorry to hear of the late issues with hospice but having those around he loved looking out for his best interest was assuredly great comfort.
My wife and I have been through it with all 4 of our parents. I know the heartache.
Prayers for peace for you and Susan and all those affected by his passing.
No doubt the keepsakes he left you guys are in the right hands.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about this. I'm hoping you'll find comfort in the good memories and well-wishes of the ODT community and your neighbors, friends, and other family.

41mag, prayers to the family. Glad that you are going to "take care of" your FIL's guns, and accessories. Good on you for taking on that job. If I can help in anyway, holler.

My wife is a hospice nurse and I can relate to some of the stories she has with companies she has worked with!!! Most are all about the money and chastise her for spending so much time with her patients.
So sorry for your loss!!!! Losing a Father is very hard. At least you can have good memories of the good days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom