• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanksgiving hunt

Winchester 2¾" #6 with an improved cylinder choke. It folded em! I don't use a 12ga for anything but open water ducks and turkeys now.
High brass or low brass. I've had a 28, just don't remember if that was an option. Yea, I started hunting with a 20 some years ago. Was doing a lot of walking and that extra lb made a difference in how I felt at the end of the day. Haven't got confident enough about the 410 yet even though that's what I used when I was a kid. I do know those that do use the 410 though

High brass or low brass. I've had a 28, just don't remember if that was an option. Yea, I started hunting with a 20 some years ago. Was doing a lot of walking and that extra lb made a difference in how I felt at the end of the day. Haven't got confident enough about the 410 yet even though that's what I used when I was a kid. I do know those that do use the 410 though
This was the only steel 28ga I was able to find in time for the hunt this morning. It's low brass. It worked like a champ though.

Attachments

• 20231123_100404.jpg
    20231123_100404.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231123_100415.jpg
    20231123_100415.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 12
While I was breaking green beans in the breakfast bay window I had 4 does walk by across the ridge. I said I’m going to get my rifle for what might be behind them. The wife said keep breaking beans. She said the last time you did that your 9 pointer being taken to the processor caused every body to have to eat late. Sooooo I just kept breaking beans. Lol. Always tomorrow

This was the only steel 28ga I was able to find in time for the hunt this morning. It's low brass. It worked like a champ though.
It appears to be high velocity at 1300fps. I do like #6s. Slower velocity tends to have a better pattern at @1100fps, less flyers due to lead deforming from higher recoil. It certainly worked for you. No need to change anything.....Thanks for all the info

Back
Top Bottom