• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Boomer Fudd Mindset

Well there's always exceptions. Most unexperienced players/shooters wouldn't drop thousands on a bass/gun. But some have more money than sense. I'll say shooting is easier than playing an instrument though, from my experiences anyway.
I agree to some extent… but most new players and new shooters don’t realize that Stevie Ray Vaughan can pick up a $10 hello kitty guitar at Walmart and sound just like Stevie Ray Vaughan. New hobbyists always think better gear makes you a better player/shooter/batter/fisherman/driver…

In some cases it does. I played guitar for 45 years or so. I can hold my own around the campfire but that’s about it. I’ve had some great guitars though. They made it more fun to learn.

I prefer mine. Left Handed.
margelouth_bassackward.jpg

His name is Gary. His mom had a thick accent and his buddies would tease him and call him Geddy. He just rolled with it.

🤣
His actual name is Gershon (yiddish). Anglicized name was Gary. Legally changed it to Geddy.
(I'm currently reading his book - My Effin Life. :-))

Leon Wilkeson was my hero but I never could find a London Bobby’s helmet to fit my big head.

I always wanted a Thunderbird bass but after finally getting one I realized it’s just too dang heavy

Back
Top Bottom