• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The dangers of a pissed off hog

Really 20 minutes ? I have spent my life chasing pigs around ,and you could not get a boar hog to hang out somewhere for 20 minutes with a 50 gal drum of sow snatch flavored peanut butter .

Care to cite the regulation for this?

Nevermind, I will get it for you.

Screen shot 2012-09-21 at 11.23.57 PM.jpg

If you read the lower left column/upper left column, you will notice persons with a GWCL are permitted to carry a sidearm on a WMA during an archery only season.

This is from page 20 of the 2012-13 hunt regs:

Additional Arche ry
Se ason Information
Archers may not possess any centerfire, rimfire,
or muzzleloading firearm while hunting
during the archery deer season , except that any
person possessing a license to carry a concealed
firearm that is valid in this state pursuant to
OCGA §§ 16-11-126(f) or 16-11-129 may carry
such firearm subject to the limitations of OCGA
§§ 16-11-126 and 16-11-127 except where prohibited
by federal law.

While this does not specifically mention WMA land I am still pretty sure that is correct. But I will research some more. When I hunted the Cobb Co. Parks Allatoona Lake property that was definitely the case. I know because I had to sit through the exhaustingly boring, mandatory safety meeting every year.

Okay, so an hour later and it still appears that you could carry on a WMA during an archery only hunt IF you have a GLWS. My source is the hunt regs and the consensus here: http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=566308

Last edited:
This is from page 20 of the 2012-13 hunt regs:

Additional Arche ry
Se ason Information
Archers may not possess any centerfire, rimfire,
or muzzleloading firearm while hunting
during the archery deer season , except that any
person possessing a license to carry a concealed
firearm that is valid in this state pursuant to
OCGA §§ 16-11-126(f) or 16-11-129 may carry
such firearm subject to the limitations of OCGA
§§ 16-11-126 and 16-11-127 except where prohibited
by federal law.

While this does not specifically mention WMA land I am still pretty sure that is correct. But I will research some more. When I hunted the Cobb Co. Parks Allatoona Lake property that was definitely the case. I know because I had to sit through the exhaustingly boring, mandatory safety meeting every year.

Okay, so an hour later and it still appears that you could carry on a WMA during an archery only hunt IF you have a GLWS. My source is the hunt regs and the consensus here: http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=566308

WMA is totally different than Lake Allatoona, Allatoona is Corp of Engineers property. With a GWL you can carry on a WMA anytime during bow season but NEVER on Corp of Engineers property.

WMA is totally different than Lake Allatoona, Allatoona is Corp of Engineers property. With a GWL you can carry on a WMA anytime during bow season but NEVER on Corp of Engineers property.

Tazz, I concede that you can carry on WMA if you have a GLWS. My info is a hold over from the days I archery hunted on WMA before I had a GLWS or even a handgun. About Corps property, most or all of Allatoona WMA is on Corps property. Are you saying that you can't carry on Allatoona?

Back
Top Bottom