• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The day none of us wants to face. Need a good septic guy (fixed now thank god)

All I can say is dont mess around and dont go cheap because it could bite you big time. If you're lot is big enough, Id probably go ahead and lay a new field since it sounds like the existing one has stopped perking. Keep in mind, its hard to sell a house later on with an inoperable septic system. Do it right and get it over with. Get multiple quote/professional opinions.

Yah, one issue that i am worried abotu is the lot really isnt that big, maybe .7 of an acre

Out of curiosity, how old is your house/septic system?

house was built in the 50's no clue about the tank, guy said looked to be 20-30 years old

7k for just the drain field does seem a bit high.

I had a tank, pump system (drain field had to be higher than the tank) and a drain field installed for $4,500 seven years ago.

Granted, seven years ago, but I'm not sure seven years would account for the difference.

Get some more quotes.

yup looking like a second quote is deff in order

Me thinks he is a little high....had new system installed several years ago, new tank and drain lines at my sons house, new build 4200. Did not lift a finger tank guy did it all. Just a thought, if tank is okay, you could just extend the drain line. Check with lowes and homedepo for dogs houses. (I think that what they are called). Have to go to the contractors desk. Rent a back hoe and put it in yourself. Maybe 1000. That what I would suggest. Tanks normal don't go bad it's just a holding tank. By extending the lines you just put in a new drain field. Just start it where your yard is wet.

Me thinks he is a little high....had new system installed several years ago, new tank and drain lines at my sons house, new build 4200. Did not lift a finger tank guy did it all. Just a thought, if tank is okay, you could just extend the drain line. Check with lowes and homedepo for dogs houses. (I think that what they are called). Have to go to the contractors desk. Rent a back hoe and put it in yourself. Maybe 1000. That what I would suggest. Tanks normal don't go bad it's just a holding tank. By extending the lines you just put in a new drain field. Just start it where your yard is wet.

yah i think the tank is fine its just the distribution box and probably lines that need to be changed so the more i hear the more i think this guy was pretty high. and what do you mean dogs houses? and honestly i've thought abotu just doing it myself but i dont know about the permitting and all that, i know i dont want to do it to save money and then get smash by the county for some fine for not filling out the right piece of paper

yah i think the tank is fine its just the distribution box and probably lines that need to be changed so the more i hear the more i think this guy was pretty high. and what do you mean dogs houses? and honestly i've thought abotu just doing it myself but i dont know about the permitting and all that, i know i dont want to do it to save money and then get smash by the county for some fine for not filling out the right piece of paper

They look like a upside down U with a lip in both sides. They are about 2 ft wide by 4 or 5 ft long. It it's in fact your drain line, it gives a open cavity under ground for your water to leach. Bury them (it interlocks with the next section) abut 2 ft to the top of the house. That gives you about 3 1/2 to 4 ft total depth. The new systems going in use them, it cuts the normal leach field down by a third. Helped put them in for my neighbor 30 year old system added 50ft. Works like new. If anyone asks your doing yard work. Just a thought.

whew thankfully had a guy come out that actually knew what he was doing which im guessing other guy didnt. found the real problem in 5 minutes. the pipe that goes from the tank to the distribution box was toast so nothing was going into the box and flowing out. waaaaayyyyyyy cheaper fix. big shout of to flannagins septic

A year ago I had a new drain field, new tank, new box, and a pump to pump it up the elevation and it only cost 7000. I'd get a second estimate.

A year ago I had a new drain field, new tank, new box, and a pump to pump it up the elevation and it only cost 7000. I'd get a second estimate.

problems fixed now thankfully, other guy would have found the real problem had he probobly done about 20 minutes worht of more work. new guy i had came out was awesome found the real problem in about 15 minutes which was waaaaayyy easier and cheaper to fix. never been so happy to only pay 1800 bucks

Back
Top Bottom