• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Dunce Hat

Been on here since the beginning, and I've never had one point - just a couple of warnings.

But I can happily say that I helped one of the recently banned members earn several of his dunce hats that sent him on his way out the door. It was my pleasure! :cool:
Damn, I'd like to hear the details on that one.

I don't agree VHinch. You may not believe that it is negative, but there might be another MOD that would delete the post, and give a point. I have found the best way is PM the seller, and tell him that he has made a mistake. Any good honest seller will correct his ad. If he doesn't correct his ad, send a PM to the MODs.
The undisclosed rebuilt title, don't even try to PM the seller, go straight to a MOD and have them either delete the ad, or pull it until everything is set straight.
Anything that could be seen as negative in a members ad, will get you at least a warning, if not a point. Why take a chance and leave it up to the discretion of a MOD?

Two things here: One, there's absolutely nothing wrong with handling exactly as you describe and I'd even say it's better so as not to clutter up someone's thread because you're right, any decent user who just made an honest mistake is going to correct it. However, the answer I gave Lionheart is also correct and was worded almost exactly as it is in the site rules. Two, the mods are by no means infallible and it's certainly possible for one of us to read something different than was intended. Infractions aren't chiseled in stone though, if that were to happen start a thread in private help and we'll look at it, or just shoot me a PM and I'll look at it.

Some things are worth multiple points right?
Wasn't this all spelled out/listed somewhere? I don't see it on the rules post.

Repeat offense infractions are 2, creating a 2nd account is 2, making a threat to another member is 5.

Also, are there infractions for people who spam the system and post the same thing repeatedly in a shot period of time? I saw a guy post the same Sig Mk25 like fours times in the course of an hour. Seems there should be something for doing that IMHO

Yes, that would be an early relist. Every post has a report button, if you see something that looks out of line report it and it will call our attention to it.

Also, are there infractions for people who spam the system and post the same thing repeatedly in a shot period of time? I saw a guy post the same Sig Mk25 like fours times in the course of an hour. Seems there should be something for doing that IMHO
There is. ^^^
I'm late

Last edited:
Oh yeah you can't do that! Can't even post a smiley or a popcorn guy in those circumstances.
Then there was the one where the guy dumped like 7,500 rounds of mixed 22's into one container and was selling them for like 12 cents each. Just asking if the container comes with the deal was a no-no. Forget asking if he would pick out all the Remingtons. Sometimes it's really tough to not say anything....

For asking if container CAME WITH IT??? REALLY? That was something I had on deal awhile back and it was shown in a box, and I asked if that came with it and the reply was yes. I guess I escaped the wrath.

For asking if container CAME WITH IT??? REALLY? That was something I had on deal awhile back and it was shown in a box, and I asked if that came with it and the reply was yes. I guess I escaped the wrath.

Because the context the question is asked in makes no difference at all, right? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom