• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Endgame

User170512

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Occasionally Banned, but OK
49   0
Reaction score
In a magical world scenario where all things are instantly possible through law...

It is assumed that guns are an issue...so we ban all guns, get the world to agree and magically have them all vaporized worldwide.
Now knives are an issue...so we ban all knives and they are all magically vaporized worldwide.
Now fuels and explisives are an issue...so we ban all things like accelerants and explosives and they are all magically vaporized worldwide.
Now vehicles are an issue...so we ban all vehicles (now steam and electric of course) and they are all magically vaporized worldwide.
Now clubs and the like are an issue...so we ban all things you can swing at another person (bat, golf club, branch, pipe) and they are all magically vaporized worldwide.
Now ropes and cords are an issue...so we ban all rope and cord and they are all magically vaporized worldwide.
Now rocks are an issue...so we ban all rocks over a certain size and they are all magically vaporized worldwide.
Now in our treeless world of sand, big people are an issue...so that they can't chase down the little people, they are all magically manacled worldwide.
Now little people are an issue...

Where does it end?

Where does it end?

When people refuse to hand in their guns, knives, rocks, rope. If they do prevail in disarming civilians, what's to stop people from joining the LE/MIL and then using their issued weapon to take back control for the people? It's happened in history before, government soldiers turn sides.

BTW, have you seen the movie Equilibrium?

Last edited:
Good post.

Thank you sir, being a big fella (6' 4" and 220 lbs.) I have long wondered how long before I will be relegated to a special section on airline flights due to my physical stature being a threat.
I mean, if nail clippers and tweezers are banned, how much more of an issue would a big fella be if he "clicked"?

When people refuse to hand in their guns, knives, rocks, rope. Even if only the government is allowed to be armed, people can join the police/army, get their weapon, and then help the rest of the unarmed population.

I am afraid that we are past being able to truly protect ourselves from the government.
If they came for you, they would come at night.
They would have thermal, satelite/air support and a network of communications/support.
It would end quickly no matter what arms you had.

I will have to check out Equilbrium.

Last edited:
I am afraid that we are past being able to truly protect ourselves from the government.
If they came for you, they would come at night.
They would have thermal, satelite/air support and a network of communications/support.
It would end quickly no matter what arms you had.

I will have to check out Equilbrium.

The Soviet Union was both created and destroyed through different military brigades taking different sides. Both sides had tanks, planes because they were split from 1 force.

And here in the US we have the "Oath Keepers". But an armed civilian population would definitely not take kindly to it to begin with. I know I would never give my arms up, and I'm sure none of you would either. And that's a big deterrant for government.

Last edited:
I agree OP... I've said something similar before- if all the guns were gone, next we have to get rid of the people's ability to sharpen metal. Then blunt objects.

Given human history, it's kind of amazing we've lasted this long.

A Bible Verse for you:

This is the first recorded instance of "Gun Control". The Philistines had basically banned the practice of blacksmithing among the Israelites. They instead provided them with Plow/Axe/Pitchfork sharpening services for a fee. They instituted this measure so the Hebrews could not make swords or spears.

I have inserted a couple notations to clarify a few things.

I Samuel 13, 19-23

19 Now there was no smith found throughout all the land of Israel: for the Philistines said, Lest the Hebrews make them swords or spears:
20 But all the Israelites went down to the Philistines, to sharpen every man his share, and his coulter, and his axe, and his mattock.
21 Yet they (The Philistines) had a file for the mattocks, and for the coulters, and for the forks, and for the axes, and to sharpen the goads.
22 So it came to pass in the day of battle, that there was neither sword nor spear found in the hand of any of the people that were with Saul and Jonathan: but with Saul and with Jonathan his son was there found. (Saul and his son Jonathan were the only armed persons in the group of 600+ men.)
23 And the garrison of the Philistines went out to the passage of Michmash.

Thank you sir, being a big fella (6' 4" and 220 lbs.) I have long wondered how long before I will be relegated to a special section on airline flights due to my physical stature being a threat.
I mean, if nail clippers and tweezers are banned, how much more of an issue would a big fella be if he "clicked"?

The next time you fly wear a shirt that says "when I snap I'm taking you out first." That should be interesting!!!

Back
Top Bottom