• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The FatFriend Thread

So I forgot to take photos of the full completed knife. Here are some stills from the video to show the dangler, retention strap, and lanyard. If I'm lucky maybe I can convince troutman troutman to take a few for me to drool over now that this one has officially left me :( I miss it already.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

What is the wait time on a knife like this?
Unfortunately longer than both of us would like :( I'm not able to accept deadline orders as of right now due to the wait, but for new orders in guessing around 4-5 months.

Check out the very first post in this thread for more details. I will gladly add yours or anyone's name to the wait list and when it comes up I will get in contact with you and we go from there. Your request is your place-holder. I don't require a deposit.

Last edited:
So I forgot to take photos of the full completed knife. Here are some stills from the video to show the dangler, retention strap, and lanyard. If I'm lucky maybe I can convince troutman troutman to take a few for me to drool over now that this one has officially left me :( I miss it already.
View attachment 528769 View attachment 528770 View attachment 528771 View attachment 528772

This was a gift for my oldest son's 16th birthday which is today. I picked it up yesterday and couldn't wait, so he got it last night. I will try to post pics by the end of the weekend, but he has a soccer tournament all weekend (2 Saturday, 2 Sunday ) so we are pretty busy.

I have been collecting knives for about 40 years and I have to say that I am very impressed with this knife. The grind looks good, the blade is straight. It is well balanced and just feels good in your hand. It's hard to believe he has only been making knives for a short amount of time. The leather work is just as impressive as the knife! The knife fits snuggly, no need for the snap because you can hold it upside down and it will not come out.

I am impressed with the knife and sheath, but even more impressed with Justin. He's a young man that is well spoken, no "like" after every other word which drives me crazy. He works a full time job, is in school, just got married and still finds time to make knives. So he is obviously a hard worker. A lot of characteristics that are NOT found in today's younger generation.

As he mentioned, he does have a wait time, but it is well worth it. I put my name on his list to make myself one. I truly believe he is an up and coming superstar in the knife making community and want to have a couple of his "early" knives to go into my collection!

Thanks again for making a cool birthday present for my boy!
Shayne

This was a gift for my oldest son's 16th birthday which is today. I picked it up yesterday and couldn't wait, so he got it last night. I will try to post pics by the end of the weekend, but he has a soccer tournament all weekend (2 Saturday, 2 Sunday ) so we are pretty busy.

I have been collecting knives for about 40 years and I have to say that I am very impressed with this knife. The grind looks good, the blade is straight. It is well balanced and just feels good in your hand. It's hard to believe he has only been making knives for a short amount of time. The leather work is just as impressive as the knife! The knife fits snuggly, no need for the snap because you can hold it upside down and it will not come out.

I am impressed with the knife and sheath, but even more impressed with Justin. He's a young man that is well spoken, no "like" after every other word which drives me crazy. He works a full time job, is in school, just got married and still finds time to make knives. So he is obviously a hard worker. A lot of characteristics that are NOT found in today's younger generation.

As he mentioned, he does have a wait time, but it is well worth it. I put my name on his list to make myself one. I truly believe he is an up and coming superstar in the knife making community and want to have a couple of his "early" knives to go into my collection!

Thanks again for making a cool birthday present for my boy!
Shayne
One of the kindest complements I've ever received. Thank you very much. It was a real pleasure.

So now that I've got a YouTube video with nearly 100 views, many of you might be wondering to yourselves, "what's FatFriend going to do now that he's famous? Is he going to disappear from the trader? Will he retire with all the riches he's acquired from his YouTube channel?"

Well let me put all of those concerns to rest with my newest experiment grind: the FatFriend Combat. It's really nothing special. It's been done before, but not by me, so I was pretty excited about the results.

The knife isn't complete, but the grind is looking to good not to post. I'll probably be changing the handle shape on the next one.

View attachment 550124 View attachment 550126 View attachment 550129
Looking good, man. Will there be an extended handle version for us ham fisted m*********ers? Have you considered making the blade a bit longer for improved stabbiness?

Back
Top Bottom