• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The List of Offensive Shooting Range Stereotypes

I just go the range and shoot, but my guest are a funny list of people.

The executive: Comes to the range in slacks, button down, and sweater vest. Has his licensce to carry but will only practice with his fully customized, full sized Kimber that cost enough to be worthy of its own seat in his $100k AMG tuned sports car. Like most mornings, he's on his fifth cup of coffee and shaking so badly from it he keeps spitting rounds into the dirt with the occasional richochet hitting his target. Being the business amn he is, he talks to everyone on the range if they like it or not and trys to get everyone to tryout his fancy tuned guns. He shoots nothing but the best JHP's out of all his guns even for practice and never carries as the shine from all the chrome may take way from his regularly whitened teeth.

College redneck (AKguy) - His buzz his still wearing off and he swears at you thge whole time to the range for waking him up before 12. He's in last nights button down, jeans, and cowboy boots from last nights down town party hopping. He insults your steel cased ammo and related the cost savings to your ethnicity. All his guns have a layer of dirt, dried beer, and pizza grease on them, but they are all glocks so it doesn't matter. other then celebratory gun fire, this is the only other times his guns get fired. Most of his guns have been chosen by the level at which they offend others, the higher the offense the more enticing they are to him.

The OB/GYN - Has the money to buy Les baer AR's, but prefers Tauruses and Sigmas with Georgia Arms reloads with the cheaper lead bullets. He doesnt worry about how clean his ammo is, because he does not clean his guns, his son does! Being an OB/GYN he's in touch with his feminine side, the only gun he owned until he was over 40 was his fathers sxs 20guage and the only gun he is willing to carry since he got his license at age 50 is a taurus 22lr (thanks Steve). When we shoot he wouldn't like to shoot farther than 25 feet and rifles are just to pricey, loud, and "extreme" for him to shoot. Girlfriend and him often take turns on the .22's, but he only shoots CB since it's quiet and wont make the neighbors mad.

The Frat Boy- When he shows up to the range he is properly adorned in polo, brookes brothers, and wears Costas as shooting glasses. Often his biggest problem at the range is getting his hearing protection caught up in his croakies. His frat swoop hair cut often gets dissheveled and blocks his line of sight, but thats okay because it doesn't hurt his accuracy which is like lighting, never strikes in the same place twice. When he leaves he has to squeeze his guns into his greek letter embalzoned overnight bag, next to his tennis racket, and remeber to pick his visor up off of the bench. Often he will leave with burns on his thighs since his short shorts left no protection from the hot shells.

Last edited:
Not sure where I fall. I have an OCD about dragging as many guns out as I can every range trip, because dammit, if I own it, im gonna shoot it.

I leave everyone else alone, other than the fact that I bring 4 or more rifle cases with me and take up space with them. sometimes each rifle might only be fired 1 or 2 mags.
I also want to make sure im comfortable with each weapon, in case I need to use it.
I end up firing mostly 22lr, because well, less money I spend on ammo, the more I can shoot.
I don't get dressed up. Jeans and Tshirt. no logos.

The serious reloader. Kind of like the tea drinking man, but actually shoots a few 5 shot groups. Makes copious notes and stares at his chronograph's output like it might contain the secret of life. Often casts his own bullets and is willing to argue long and convincingly (has the data to back him up) about quenched or un-quenched wheel weight alloy. Hangs out with the other old farts (most of whom, despite being legally blind, could out shoot you on your best day).

Last edited:
Not sure where I fall. I have an OCD about dragging as many guns out as I can every range trip, because dammit, if I own it, im gonna shoot it.

I leave everyone else alone, other than the fact that I bring 4 or more rifle cases with me and take up space with them. sometimes each rifle might only be fired 1 or 2 mags.
I also want to make sure im comfortable with each weapon, in case I need to use it.
I end up firing mostly 22lr, because well, less money I spend on ammo, the more I can shoot.
I don't get dressed up. Jeans and Tshirt. no logos.

I'm right there with you.. If I'm going might as well take as much of the family with you as you can!! I spend most of the time with .22 as well..

The grumpy old Veteran.

The guy who doesn't talk to anyone else on the range because he thinks they are all idiots. Spends most of his time quietly laughing to himself about drakos and AR pistols and the retards that own them and the way they are trying to shoot them. The only time he speaks is when he shouts "Range clear?..... going down range." or "Ready to go hot?" Gets annoyed by the idiots occupying the shooting bench with their .22s, drakos, and AR pistols ALL DAY. Because the only reason he came to the range today was to set the cross hairs on a new scoped rifle.

Back
Top Bottom