The love hate relationship with the XDS

Zackowns

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
17   3
Reaction score
The last few months I was sweating the XDS hard. Well about two weeks ago I decided to go trade my USP 9 with a local shop straight up for a BNIB XDS. Before you tell me how I lost money I technicality got my XDS in the range of $425ish from what I had in my USP. Anyway since owning I've put over 800 flawless rounds down the tube. The first few hundred I only had the 5rd magazine and it was pretty brutal, I figured the texture of the grip would be enough to keep the pistol in my hand but actually it was far from it. I had problems keeping the little ****er still, but none the less it was accurate as hell and carries VERY nice.. Right now I'm using Mr. Cooks IWB holster and it's a lovely addition.

Last week I found a vendor on another site I frequent who had 7rd mags for 39.99 shipped so I picked up the last ones he had and I finally had a chance to shoot the gun with the new mags yesterday & HOLY HELL what a difference. The extra inch or how ever long it is makes the biggest difference in the world it's almost unexplained. I still see lots of "NIB or LNIB" XDS for sale around here and I'm wondering if it's because the pistol is just to "snappy" and if that's the case I urge you to find the extended magazine and you'll be blown away at the difference, shooting 1 handed with +p was not even a issue using the extended magazine. On top of the hundreds of rounds of ball I shot yesterday I also shot 80 mixed self defense loads some +p with no issues, Adding that extra magazine made it similar to firing my loaded LW springer champion.

Anyway I just felt like sharing a tad bit of info and if you're trying to sell your XDs because you think it's a little bit to much in a small package I urge you to try out the 7rd magazine.. & if for some reason your local I'd let you borrow my 7rd magazine just so you could tell the difference. I ordered the talon grips earlier this week in hopes of fixing the lego type feel but once I'm shooting the little guy I forget about all his flaws.. This is easily my FAVORITE hand gun I've ever owned.

I have a p30l so its okay.

I bought that USP for 650 with a insight mkii & 4 JF mags on armslist. I got 100 for two mags & 125 for the light, then traded the pistol. I came out on top.

I have a p30l so its okay.

I bought that USP for 650 with a insight mkii & 4 JF mags on armslist. I got 100 for two mags & 125 for the light, then traded the pistol. I came out on top.

Alright... You have another HK and you wanted a carry gun... That sounds better.. I'm calm now.. haha

The last few months I was sweating the XDS hard. Well about two weeks ago I decided to go trade my USP 9 with a local shop straight up for a BNIB XDS. Before you tell me how I lost money I technicality got my XDS in the range of $425ish from what I had in my USP. Anyway since owning I've put over 800 flawless rounds down the tube. The first few hundred I only had the 5rd magazine and it was pretty brutal, I figured the texture of the grip would be enough to keep the pistol in my hand but actually it was far from it. I had problems keeping the little ****er still, but none the less it was accurate as hell and carries VERY nice.. Right now I'm using Mr. Cooks IWB holster and it's a lovely addition.

Last week I found a vendor on another site I frequent who had 7rd mags for 39.99 shipped so I picked up the last ones he had and I finally had a chance to shoot the gun with the new mags yesterday & HOLY HELL what a difference. The extra inch or how ever long it is makes the biggest difference in the world it's almost unexplained. I still see lots of "NIB or LNIB" XDS for sale around here and I'm wondering if it's because the pistol is just to "snappy" and if that's the case I urge you to find the extended magazine and you'll be blown away at the difference, shooting 1 handed with +p was not even a issue using the extended magazine. On top of the hundreds of rounds of ball I shot yesterday I also shot 80 mixed self defense loads some +p with no issues, Adding that extra magazine made it similar to firing my loaded LW springer champion.

Anyway I just felt like sharing a tad bit of info and if you're trying to sell your XDs because you think it's a little bit to much in a small package I urge you to try out the 7rd magazine.. & if for some reason your local I'd let you borrow my 7rd magazine just so you could tell the difference. I ordered the talon grips earlier this week in hopes of fixing the lego type feel but once I'm shooting the little guy I forget about all his flaws.. This is easily my FAVORITE hand gun I've ever owned.

Ask any woman, that extra inch makes all the difference.

I just bought the extended clip but haven't used it yet. I was telling someone in another thread how much the xds kicked. Especially after shooting my Browning High Power. I can't wait to shoot this with the new clip. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom