The love hate relationship with the XDS

In a oh **** situation to do you really believe that you're going to have time to bring your pistol up and acquire you're 3-dot night sight set and focus in on said target and get a clean shot of before the person that's already drawn on you or is after you gets to you? Maybe, but it's much faster shooting with both eyes open and placing the front sight center mass and sending said rounds, if you don't think so give it a try yourself. There's no situation that I believe night sights are going to help me acquire targets or give me an advantage, if I cant get a clean shot off from where I'm at verses them then I'm not taking one.

The rifle reference was in regards to a situation where I would have a one available like my home, the last thing I'm grabbing is a pistol just because it has night sights.

About this comment.

I mean lets be honest if you can't just point a handgun and hit a human in the chest without sights inside 10 yards or so in low light you shouldn't be shooting to begin with

^^^^

I'll agree that was a very ass statement on my part and I apologize. I've had a few drinks today and things have been coming off with little thought behind them on my part, again I'm sorry. To try and clarify I believe that it would be good practice for anyone that trains for defensive/comabt situations to be able to bring a weapon up to the ready without focusing on on your "sights" and place rounds in the t-zone within 10 yards. It is doable and it does take practice but in my experience it's a very effective way to engage targets in close proximity with handgun or rifle.

Superstar Operator for sure. :thumb:

Well considering you've spent the last 14 months getting 4k post I suppose I would be to a guy like yourself!

I'm only kidding bud.

But in reality that's how I've trained and been taught for CQB and in my Super Operator Commando Mall Ninjaness deployments and tons of live fire training. It's been proven more than effective.

Thanks for the troll though ;)

Last edited:
Recoil? Ha! My 11yr old nephew shot 50 rounds through mine today.
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_03_31_aze2yruv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom